Another stall converter question.

oddiesGN

Ok, I have done a search on here for converters and still can't figure out what I need. I have a ta49, 3" downpipe, 60# injectors, e85, turbotweak chip, and everything else is pretty much stock for now, plan on going with a roller cam and little bit better heads this coming up spring. I plan on buying a new transmission from Lonnie at extreme automatics. He has converters for sale for around $750 does anyone know what they are like? Does he build his own or get them form some where else? What are some other brands of converters that are good, doesn't need to be anything great just get the job done some strip racing mostly street. What are the diff with the clutches, does it matter the type of clutch? I see some that has three bearings no washers and some with one bearing three washers what is that all about? Does it need the anti balloon plate? I seen some on ebay rev max for just under $400, has anyone had luck with them? With all the money I have been spending I hate to go cheap on a converter, but I can't spend close to $1000 for one. I think the stall I need is 2800 and needs to be lock up. Thanks.

Tell Lonnie your combo and he will definitely steer you in the right direction for a converter. He knows these cars well. He used to use Edge converters. I'm sure he still is. I told him my combo when he built my trans and I could not be happier with my edge converter and trans. I have many very hard miles on this trans and converter and it still acts like the first day I got it. It still shreads the tires beyond belief! Good choice on your trans builder. Lonnie is one of the best

Lonnie is good, no question there.
I have had great luck with Dusty Bradford/PTC.
The both are supporting vendors too.

So with what I have is a 2800 stall too small, too big, or just right. The new cam that I'm getting is a roller maybe 206/210 or a 210/215. How much does the cam effect the size of stall I need.

So with what I have is a 2800 stall too small, too big, or just right. The new cam that I'm getting is a roller maybe 206/210 or a 210/215. How much does the cam effect the size of stall I need.
if you staying with the 49 2800-3000 will be good .contact dusty bradford..