Another spark plug thread

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
So I was in Auto Zone today and was gonna get the R42TS for my GN , running bout 25+lbs of Boost , And the Guy there ask did I want the CR or R and I ask whats the difference ? He replies the CR is made of Iridium and the R is cooper . Thoughts ?

If you do get the Ac Delco. I can tell you this for some reason I foul out the plugs that are only R. CR I never had an issue.

I’ve tried CR43 n R43 gapped @35 15lbs. didn’t notice a difference. I also tried the R42 gapped @30 n @35 with 15lbs. Didn’t notice a difference except 1 plug did foul out within less than 6 months. The only difference I noticed is in my setup the 43’s last longer and give me better gas mileage. Prolly cus I don’t past more than 16lbs. if boost

A/C Delco is not the same as it once was. I stay away from there products. I had a fleet of trucks and used lots of there parts and after 2008 I had nothing but grief. Starter's, alternators, shocks, spark plugs, tie rods and a few other parts, nothing but warranty claims and grief.:rolleyes:

I don't believe CR is iridium, as AutoZone sells then for $2.59. CR vs R is the shape of the electrode.

Internet search:
AC Delco CR43TS has an extended tip and would be better for your engine in my opinion.

The differences in prefix and suffix:
C = commercial
T = tapered seat
TS = tapered seat with extended tip

I was in AZ today and had them order me the cr42ts and the salesman said yes , they are made of Iridium . He did say that some Iridium plugs can be as much as 15 to 20 bucks .

They are "heavy duty". The electrode is fatter I believe. BTW, never believe the salespeople at auto parts stores. Most have next to nothing for knowledge. You're better off doing your own research on the net on reliable sites.

You dont want the fat ass ground strap in the CC the projected fat ass CR grade plugs promote detonation