another problem with *retard

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
seems there's a few people fighting the same battle I am right now. I just replaced my O2 sensor and was out logging some data last night and my car cruises absolutely fine. When I get to half throttle or more the *retard start climbing and the boost will not go past 4-5psi. Block Learn was 110-113 so I leaned it out and am currently running at 30lbs(will turn back to 32lbs..its a little too lean for my taste)and it didn't help at all. o2 seems to be working perfect now.

the data is on a friend's laptop...I can have him post my run if someone wants.

stock turbo, stock intake, stock injectors

--I'm almost ready to put the car away 'till next year

What is the Block learn currently at?

I usually let the computer do all the fueling work for me. Get the BLM to 125-130 at idle, and then LEAVE IT ALONE. No need to "lean" it out. These cars are not Carb'ed Big Blocks.

Correct your BLM, and if your car is rich or lean at WOT adjust the boost accordingly. Rich at WOT? Turn up the boost, if it is leaning out...Turn the boost down.

As for your knock retard problem. Making these Hot-Air cars perform without RaceGas, Alcohol, or both is basicly spinning your tires.

On the stock set up (Stock Turbo, Chip and Injectors) you should be able to run 20psi of boost with ease.

Once you start adding large Turbos you need Race gas or alcohol.

Originally posted by TurboRegal84
Once you start adding large Turbos you need Race gas or alcohol.

I agree. This weekend at the track I went from 9psi to 17psi on my TA33 by going from pump gas to race gas. There is another few PSI left in her but not for me, I couldn't shorten my wastegate rod anymore and I had already cut it down 1/4".

ok, block learn is at 110-113 at idle and will not move. once I start to drive, the number gets between 125-130 and jumps quite a bit but never lower than 110 I think...I'll try to get that spreadsheet posted tomorrow of my numbers. when I stop at a light, its back down to 110??? I lowered the fuel pressure 10lbs(from 40 to 30lbs) and it didn't change the condition at idle. however there was a good change when driving. that's what I meant by leaning it out, because the numbers were too low even when driving. I didn't lean it out because of the lack of boost.

I still have no clue why my car will not create more than 5lbs of boost? this started right after I changed the o2 sensor for some odd reason I don't know.

as for adjusting boost, I messed around with the little knob you can get to adjust the deltagate and there was no change with that whatsoever. I checked the vacuum lines running from the turbo through the "adjustor knob" and then down to the deltagate and everything is hooked up right.

I hope I'm making this problem sound clear enough I don't know how to describe what the car is doing:(