Another Powermonster brake switch question!

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
I removed the gray switch from my WE4 as it was leaking at the base. I used the o-ring from my old GN switch and reinstalled it. I figured it would basically be the same procedure as the accumulator, so I pumped the pedal about 20 times with the ignition off then unscrewed it. There was still some pressure in it as my right eye can attest to! Ouch!

Now, it seems the PM motor runs whenever I hit the pedal? Is there more to this procedure than I guessed? Did I screw something up? Thanks,

It sounds like the grey switch is in fact sending the signal to the HE pump for more pressure to be built. If the acuumulator ball can't hold the pressure, the switch will call on the pump to make it. The car you are working on [I get confused when a guy has 3 :)] sounds as though the acc bal is hooped. If it wasn't doing the call for more pressure at each brake pedal thing before this grey switch was installed, maybe you have luck like me [bad or none] and both pieces were hooped. $199 exch gets you a whole new[rebuilt] unit from Carparts with a lifetime warranty.
Good luck.
Jim

Thanks, Jim. You mean I'm NOT the only one with luck like that?! ;)

I've got a newer accumulator on the PM I took off the GN. Maybe I'll try it next. Thanks, Jay