Another NW Turbo Car Is Born Again

TurboNova

Jimmy's Chevelle. Some of you know him. I just finished his car today. You can see more pictures of this build-up at Horsepower Connection

DCP_2137.JPG

DCP_2142.JPG

DCP_2153.JPG

Nice fabrication! That car is on the ground!:eek: The front tires are almost in contact with the insides of the fenders. Will he be showing up at Turbo thunder or the Chevy showdown that same day?

Originally posted by JP87GN
Nice fabrication! That car is on the ground!:eek: The front tires are almost in contact with the insides of the fenders. Will he be showing up at Turbo thunder or the Chevy showdown that same day?

Yes, it will be at the Turbo Thunder along with my Nova. He will also be racing some of the NPSA races this year too.

It went 8.80's with the old turbo combo. We put bigger turbos in it and it will have Big Stuff 3 now. It had smaller exhaust and smaller headers before with a air to air intercooler and a Gen 6 Accel EFI. I think we should see some low 8's this year @ 3000 lbs weight. I hate to say it but I am building my competition Jim will race in my class. :D

That car looks fantastic under the hood. I can't wait to see it in person.

Don't let him hurt it, I want to see a 7.99 at Turbo Thunder!:cool:

I don't now if I can wait for TT6! Allthought there is alot I want to have done to my car by then, Mostly to humiliate Dan!:eek:

Originally posted by JP87GN
I don't now if I can wait for TT6! Allthought there is alot I want to have done to my car by then, Mostly to humiliate Dan!:eek:

Ya you're going to have to do "alot" to your trailer queen to humiliate me this year. I'm just going to cruise in with my aging street radials still on and waste you along with the rest of the trailered small block Chevys.:D

The only time i saw that car run was when i had to race him at Seattle and all i saw was the back of it:eek: Jim is one hell of a nice guy and i hope he gets to race it more than he has been:)

Originally posted by geno
The only time i saw that car run was when i had to race him at Seattle and all i saw was the back of it:eek: Jim is one hell of a nice guy and i hope he gets to race it more than he has been:)

Well I put a little fire under him now. He just has to get the engine back together and the EFI then he should be ready. He will be out this year if I can help it. I had a great time building this car and I think it turned out good. Jimmy is happy with it. I hope he can get it together soon. Now I just have to put my car back together.:D