Another mystery chip

RICER X

image.jpg image.jpg Found this in a box from the previous owner which I have never met. All I know is that it is an RN. Any ideas. And is this the correct wire to unplug when changing out a chip?image.jpg

Yeah I have no idea,I know the old stock chips where pretty much useless, now. So now I'm wondering what's in the car now.

The "RN" is the chip holder, if there are no distinguishable markings on the chip, the only other way is to read the bin. It is an EPROM, though.

The "RN" is the chip holder, if there are no distinguishable markings on the chip, the only other way is to read the bin. It is an EPROM, though.
Can I pop it out of the holder. I put a little pressure on the back but it didn't seem to want to release. It has a lot of writing on the back that I can't make out. I was afraid of screwing it up. Does it come out.

Yes, but you have to be careful to not break the legs. The legs of the chip are sitting in little grooves, and the 2 tabs on the top are springs that keep constant tension on the legs, to keep them from popping out of the grooves. In order to remove the chip you have to depress the chip to relieve the tension off the legs, pry the holder apart(width wise) and rock one side of the chip out at an angle.

image.jpg Thanks for the vid. It popped right out. I was hoping to find out some more info, but this is what I came up with. So I figure this is just numbers from the manufacturer before it was burnt, right?

If you want to keep that calibration, place the sticker back over the window, LOL. Yes, those are the manufacturers numbers

The holder looks different than my red's chip, my holder made a nice imprint so I guess it couldn't be put in backwards. Had a different side on the holder, but had same sticker.