another knock with logger attached

justamatt

sry for the long post I over explain everything

Finally made it to the track today to try and do some tuning. Did 4 runs 2 best 12.8 at 109mph with 2.1 60’ any how I have assumed that the knock was false cause it only showed at 5500 rpm and just jumped out of no where. On this run she blew a lot of smoke out and on the return road I noticed a trail checked oil and it was down 1 qt looked further and noticed oil on drivers side on the plugs oil around number 6 header and some seeping from the turbo where the center section meets the exhaust housing. Threw a quart in it after a cool down and it has a small drip on the passenger side so I called a day and drove it home seems ok for now

So now and after some more reading I am thinking I was reading the knock wrong (the retard and not the counts) so what do you guys think?

View attachment 12.8 HEAD GASKETT.zip

quick glance of what i see
the large kr spikes are knock not knock counts but by shape and attack rate and decline appears to be driveline related on the shifts

there is flare occuring in the trans on the 2-3 ,

you got more kr going to 4th (why you let it go to 4th i dunno??) that looks like real kr to me but it wasnt excessive and did go away

trany seems to shift at 5k and the rpms spike to 5500 and boom 15 deg of knock ret. as far as the 3-4 shift I was just leaving it in drive while im learning and getting used to the track. My mind seems to stop working so well when i get the line any how i dont know why it sifts at 4k but it always seems to that 2

should this have caused something pop? im doing compression check to day

Well I dont know what happend with the motor compression checked showed all cylinders ranged from 150-155

Turbo seals?
How's the trans mount?

Yeah I dont know looking at where the oil sprayed it looks like it lifted the heads but that doesnt explain oil comeing out at the turbo
ill check the tranny mount tonight

Was hoping for something more definitive but here are the results from leak down. Bad enough to be a head gasket? Any thoughts are appreciated

1: 4%
2: 9%
3: 9%
4: 12%
5: 5%
6: 5%