Another Jersey new guy...

Pliskin1

Hello everyone. Hopefully this intro doesn't get too long.

New member from Jersey here.

I'm 44, wife, kids, dog, etc. I've always enjoyed cars and things that go fast, but by no means am I an aficionado. I can hold a conversation involving mechanics, racing, etc. but my wrenching ability is limited. I can get by with some basics.

I currently drive a Ram Hemi and have a couple of Honda sedans (wife and kids), plus a Honda "crotch rocket" to suit some of my speed needs.

I know from other forums that I'm a member on that everyone hates the lazy people like me that don't search, but I'm going to ask for some help here after coming up blank.

So here's the deal. I just bought a Buick __________. I leave it blank because I'm not sure.

A "family" member has a 1987 Buick turbo that he purchased back in early 90's. Today it stands at a shade less than 50K original miles. Says he has all the paperwork from the day it left the showroom floor. He tells me - and promises he has the papers to go along with it - that this has the WE4 option. But here's my concern: He says from day 1 this car was/is a maroon/red color both inside and out.

I have tried to research the great and powerful interwebz, but I have yet to see where this car was ever offered in maroon/red.

I don't have the VIN yet. Hoping to get it this evening. I'm sure that will reveal some information, but once again, I'm being told all the numbers match.

So what exactly have I got here? Somebody that's blowing smoke, or a really unique find?

Appreciate your input, and thanks in advance.

I don't think it's a WE4 car. As far as I know they were only optioned all black with gray interior.

Thanks Rotti. Supposedly copies of all the paperwork from the original sale were mailed to me today (keep in mind I'm dealing with some older folks here, so there not up on internet stuff. They don't even know how to load a picture from a camera into the computer). But anyway, I'll patiently wait to see what the papers show.

Simple as looking at the SPID label on the underside of the trunk lid. WE4 should have LC2-turbo, WE4-black paint and trim & grey interior and nice if it also has G80-posi rear. Surf www.gnttype.org for some education.

Thanks as well, MeanB. Luckily for me I'm self employed. I spent the entire day trying to learn as much as possible about this car. I've spent some time on that web site you provided, but could probably spend a lot more.

Trying to get information from this person (as I said, something of a "family" member) is like pulling teeth. He's older and set in his ways. He's in FL, I'm in NJ, so all I can do is wait for this paperwork.

If you could get someone in FL to snap a picture of that label in the trunk it will reveal a lot of information...

Hey guys. Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Morris County - Mt. Olive.

I'm hoping to have the paperwork tomorrow (Saturday). Didn't show up today. Once I have that, I can move forward with insurance and registration. Still no picture of the trunk tag (that'll have to wait), but the paperwork is supposed to include the original bill of sale from the dealer. That should at least divulge exactly what I purchased. Kind of strange buying a car that I have no pictures and no info, but hey - its a Buick Turbo. How can I go wrong!

I have a shipping company lined up, and it will probably be about 10-14 days for delivery once I put the order in. I'll get pics up when its delivered.

Hey Buddy - looks like we're neighbors!

So I got some of the paperwork today - original bill of sale, 4pictures (front, left, back, right), and a copy of the title. Original to be sent later. Still no picture of the SPID label, but I'm told that should be sent to me on Wednesday. They are bringing someone in to take pictures of the car prior to shipping it up here.

I've been searching around - and will continue to do so - to find out what the weight was on these cars at production. Found it interesting that the papers show 2,640#.

I believe my kids call this next move "Ghetto Fabulous". Here's a cell phone picture of an actual picture of the car. Terrible picture - the color is definitely maroon. But it does exist!

Attachments

• 87 Buick.jpg
    87 Buick.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 166
That's exciting man. Can't wait to see what the story is on it. When you get it on the road, feel free to cruise down to rockaway and see how a turbo buick is not supposed to look!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw a good friend of mine owns a shipping company that regularly transports vehicles from fl to rockaway I you need someone to bring that beauty up.

Looks great! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone . My cousin may come come out with his Syclone as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Buddy - Can you give me that information on your friend that ships? I'm ready, and need to move quick on selecting a company. I've spent hours researching, and Passport Transport is definitely at the top of the list, but they are not cheap. Reliable is another top notch company (and also expensive) but they are at least 4 weeks out before pick up. I'll need to get this car picked up within the next 7 to 10 days.

McMillan transport in rockaway. The owner is chip. I'll look up the number in alittle while if u can't find it on google.

I transport from mich to jersey every week... Once you find a company and a price I can look them up for you and see how well they are rated on the car hauler website......

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I transport from mich to jersey every week... Once you find a company and a price I can look them up for you and see how well they are rated on the car hauler website......

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks, Turbo. I started a "conversation" with you (still being new to this forum, I'm learning about it!) with some of the options and prices. Very kind of you to offer that; thank you.