Annual pull the motor day today. Update 7/03/16

Considering that I did my motor with a 6oz. tube I'll say that you will have plenty with 50 oz.

You could do five engines easily with that size.

I just bought a 50z. through summit and imagine it will go bad before I use it all. But I'd rather have to much and not need it then run out and have to order it and wait.
50 oz. is not the same as 50ml. 50ml is like 2 shots of whiskey. 50oz is like 4 beers. (in volume lol)

50ML is 1.9 once. The only place in town that has it is Fastenal and they want $24 for a 50ML (1.9 once) bottle. I found a 250ML (8.45 once) for the same money on ebay. Sounds like that will be plenty.

Look up loctite 542. This is what I use.

100% effective seal 100% of the time. And its non-fouling.

I believe I have the 50mL bottle. I did about two or three sets of studs with it. I'll get a picture for you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I stand corrected, it is 50ml and is enough to do at least 5 engines.

That price you stated is a little high but I've seen it for 17 to 28 bucks depending on where you buy it.

2833229783d9c4b8fe130f170d330c38.jpg

Here's an update. I installed the heads this morning. Ran in to a snag. My TQ wrench broke and I already had the heads on, studs in with Loctite 567 and nut's ready for tightening. I set my wrench on 20# and pulled with no clicky. Went over to a known tight bolt on the drill press and pulled again with no clicky.

I ended up going down to Oreillys and getting a $29 Clicker TQ wrench for my $10,000 motor and finished up. I'll re-torque again today and then grab my friend snap on for the final TQ tomorrow. I'll also use his for torqueing after a couple heat cycles which I may try on the engine stand with the heat gun trick??? I have time.

My tranny is supposed to be here next week and the plan is to put the motor in next weekend. I'm still not centered with these Felpro head gaskets (9441 pt) They just seem flimsy but I've been told by a few guys a lot smarter than me that they'll work great so I'll just keep rolling.

I put my heads on with a harbor freight clicker... Worked great!