And so it begins!! started the teardown today.....

I boxed mine in that way and it fits.

do you have any pictures? I just want to make sure this is gonna work before I finish it!

This is what i have done as boxing so far, Im not sure if its gonna work.....

Attachments

• Grand National 074.jpg
    Grand National 074.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 801
  • Grand National 075.jpg
    Grand National 075.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 806
Here is a picture of my boxed in frame. This is before I put the hole in it for bushing acess. Your frame is boxed in the same way. Mine fit up into the fit up into the chassis just fine. Also a picture of the body back onto the frame.

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 801
Yes, if you install the plate on an angle without extending the top rail it will fit. But if you extend the rail the frame will hit. It was hard to tell from the pics, just trying to make sure no mistakes were made. I am not trying to freak anyone out.

Yes, if you install the plate on an angle without extending the top rail it will fit. But if you extend the rail the frame will hit. It was hard to tell from the pics, just trying to make sure no mistakes were made. I am not trying to freak anyone out.

Its totally cool man, Id rather someone mentioned it now! His is exactly how I did mine so I should be ok!!!

Thanks both of you for the pictures and time!!

wow Ryan, you werent kiddin! that car is torn down!!! i thought it was beyond no return when you and i did that to my car, but atleast mine was still a roller:biggrin:

your definatly the "man for the job" not sure i know anyone as car dedicated as you buddy. thourough, pay attention to detail and determined!! your going to have one of the most beautiful GN's in town! and fast ta boot!

Nice work Ryan!! keep up the pics too. or maybe i should just stop by one of these days.:rolleyes:

"Joe to the G ya see"

Dam Joe I miss that garage.....Here are some more progress pics of the frame, I only have a few days a week I can tinker, Getting close though!!!

The bottom one is of the new hairdryer, For those who have not had a chance to see some of the larger frame turbos, wow, anybody who see's these things is gonna know the car is fast.....Thats a 25% bonus spray paint can, Its a big bitch!!!

Attachments

• Grand National 104.jpg
    Grand National 104.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 760
  • Grand National 109.jpg
    Grand National 109.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 750
  • Grand National 105.jpg
    Grand National 105.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 751
  • Grand National 114.jpg
    Grand National 114.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 748
  • Grand National 102.jpg
    Grand National 102.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 744
The bottom one is of the new hairdryer, For those who have not had a chance to see some of the larger frame turbos, wow, anybody who see's these things is gonna know the car is fast.....Thats a 25% bonus spray paint can, Its a big bitch!!!

MCasteel<---- grumbles yeah and i get to polish it..LOL:biggrin:

Very nice work. I would love to do that to mine, but as mentioned before, i enjoy driving it and making it faster. Love the pics, keep em coming.

Heres a few more pictures, I boxed the passenger side of the frame today, Just need to notch it and its ready to go to the blaster.....Finally

Attachments

• Grand National 120.jpg
    Grand National 120.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 981
  • Grand National 121.jpg
    Grand National 121.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 983
  • Grand National 122.jpg
    Grand National 122.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 988
  • Grand National 124.jpg
    Grand National 124.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 981
  • Grand National 125.jpg
    Grand National 125.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 977

Always good to have people looking out for ya. especially with the amount of work it would of entailed when he got to the point of dropping the body on, if he had a fitment problem;)

Thank You, Really. That meant alot to me even after I caused some fear in the process. I just want time to be good to us, not wasted. And being the one who has make that mistake makes me mad just to think someone else would have to go though it.

Looking great. That car will be very stiff. I can't tell you how happy you will be when its gone. :smile:

So do you want to send me your address so I can send you my frame to have notched as well.:eek:

Notched the passanger side of the frame today, used .250 CRS to complete the notch, nice and sturdy! Doing the other side tomorow evening, frame rack on wednesday to make sure its square and straight, then its off to media blasting and powdercoat!! More pictures to come.....

Attachments

• Grand National 130.jpg
    Grand National 130.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 847
  • Grand National 131.jpg
    Grand National 131.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 846
  • Grand National 132.jpg
    Grand National 132.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 847
  • Grand National 133.jpg
    Grand National 133.jpg