An fitting to radiator???

HIboostGN

Hey Gang,

Does anyone know what fitting you can use to go from the female inverted flare to an hose? I would like to run -6 hose. Not sure yet, what the thread size is on the forward facing side of the rad? Or if this is possible on our cars without eliminating the rad cooler? Or is it best to runa adapter from the hard lines wrapping around to the rear side of the rad in the engine compartment if possible?
Thanks Jerry

the rad is 5/16 flare ,there isnt much room for a fitting back there just keep the short lines (hard lines ) that run around to the fan side and the coupler that gm used and then you can connect using a 5/16flare x -6AN straight fitting

I believe the factory female threads in the radiator are 1/8" npt. A 90* brass elbow (1/8" male X 5/16" inverted female) screws into the radiator. The short (hard lines) which make the 180* turn around the radiator have 5/16" inverted male fittings on both ends (one end screws into the previous mentined 90* brass elbow and the other end screws into a brass coupler in the engine compartment connecting the short hard line to the long hard lines which run to the transmission).

I agree with pacecarta as to keeping the factory short hard lines as it is difficult to plumb from the front of the radiator with -6an due to such limited space.

If you decide to go this route, I believe Bowler Performance transmission sells a fitting which is 5/16" male inverted flair to 6an male for around $15.00.

THANKS Guy'S !!!

I went down to a local fitting store ( Royal Brass ) and they had a female 5/16 inverted flare to a male 1/4 npt. I then used a female 1/4npt to female 1/4 npt union adapter. From there it goes into a typical 1/4 npt male fitting to -6 end. It sounds real bad but it looks fine and it isn't very long OAL. I wished I knew about the Bowler fitting before i bought all this. I will make the hoses a little long and swap out the Bowler fitting later on. I am glad we can share all the little piece we need to finish our cars on here!
Jerry