An anonymous auto security section.

maybe an email list where we share ideas through E-mail but only with people that have been a member over x amount of time? or been met by other members that can verify them? I personally would LOVE to hear some of these 'killer' ideas

A guy with balls an no brain can drag the car up on a car carrier in a minute..
tru, but that probably makes up 1% of car thefts. bottom line is people just take for granted that their chit will never be stolen and will happen to someone else. usually it does.

chit, I had my car broken into in my own driveway and I live out in the middle of nowhere with no street parking and no street lights.

nothing is full proof. LoJack is very effective in recovering ur vehicle but does nothing to stop it from being stolen. of course its not available everywhere. they do have a 90% recovery rate and if not recovered in 48 hrs they will refund ur money. 43% of vehicles are never found after being stolen. in fact, we as a nation are seeing more stolen vehicles now then we have in 25 years. over 750,000 stolen last year.

GPS tracking is good but people dont want to pay the yearly or monthy subscription rates. LoJack is a one time fee. alarms dont prevent from being stolen but do act as a deterrant and alerts u if ur near by. pager alarms are much better cause they alert u when it goes off or the power is disconnected from the battery. kill switches and wheel boots work great but most dont want to have to install the wheel boot every time they get out of their car.

its a multi billion dollar business and that will always attract the scumbag low lifes since they are too lazy or stupid to get a real job.

1. 1994 Honda Accord
  2. 1995 Honda Civic
  3. 1991 Toyota Camry
  4. 1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
  5. 1997 Ford F150 Series/Pickup
  6. 2004 Dodge Ram
  7. 2000 Dodge Caravan
  8. 1994 Acura Integra
  9. 2002 Ford Explorer
  10. 1999 Ford Taurus

Like Dan said, If they catch you stealing a car the penalty in court is a slap on the wrist. Until the laws get tougher (which they won't because jails are already over crowded) nothing will change. Up here it's just Theft Over $2K which is nothing unless you have 3+ convictions on your record. The first couple are nothing except a fine or probation.

not about catching them but preventing you car from getting stolen, and yes in some situations a specific system will get some POS caught, which isn't such a bad thing right??