AMS-500 Help

FreeBoost

I need advice on how to adjust an AMS-500 boost controller on an OEM actuator. Iv'e got it plumbed as per the instuction with the exception that the actuator doesn't have a line diectly from the manifold. I'm using compressed air to simulate the boost pressure for adjusting. I adjusted the stage one to open the actuator at ~15 psi. I set stage 2 to the same setting but when I turn stage two on the actuator closes. I want to adjust stage two to ~25 psi but have no ideas on how do this. Anyone have any ideas?

Stage one input signal has to be released in order for it to progress to stage two. In other words, you have to have a signal from a switch telling the ams it's on stage one. Then when that signal goes away, it steps to stage two.

Thanks, but I don't think that's the problem. I'm switching the stages with a 3 pole relay. Normally the relay is triggered by a hobbs switch on my alky system. For adjusting I'm triggering the relay manually. The controller stage led's switches from 1st to 2nd stage.

Someone correct me if I am wrong,

but,

The AMS500 and AMS1000 cannot be used with a single port wastegate.

Its just not going to work.

Bob

No it has to be able to open and close to operate correctly. Dual acting actuator is needed for this controller to work. I'm using CO2 to control mine and am seeing perfect control with real close CO2/boost numbers and with an internal wastegate.

What is your stage two ramp rate?

Tried all the ramp rates with no success. It just isn't going to work with the oem actuator:mad: Stay tuned for "AMS-500 for sale"

It will work with the internal wastegate, just not the stock style actuator.

oh, I forgot about the Robert Wilson actuator.

He makes a dual port actuator that will work on the stock style wastegate.

Do a search on here.

Bob

FreeBoost you have a pm. My ISP is down right now, so I can't send you any pics.