am I asking too much for my car?

GNJesse

I wanna run tens
I have tons and tons of time and money into my car. i dont think im asking too much for the car considering whats done to it. i mean its a ten second car. 17 isnt that bad right? what do you guys think? is this too much or should i hold out on this rice and see what happens?

87 buick grand national astro roof for sale

body off restoration. frame and under body painted in POR 15. new poly body bushings. very nice interior with white face autometer gauges and a B&M quicksilver shifter. new paint. pro star wheels with big drag radials out back. car runs excellent and hauls some ass. new fuel lines. 340 walboro fuel pump. scanmaster. im selling it to start on a car for road racing. car runs awesome and i will miss it. ive always taken very good care of it. car has no A/C and heater box. there is a plate on the firewall. the only thing the car needs are mirrors opn the doors and a rear bumper filler. if i find these parts before the car is sold i will put them on the car though.

rebuilt motor with 1,200 miles on it.
bored .030 over
ported heads with big valves
204-214 cam
ported intake
bigger throttle body
83 pound injectors
MAF Translator PRO
LS1 MAF
extender extreme chip
TE63-1 turbo
3 inch Terry Houston dwonpipe
hooker dual exhaust

Built 2004-R trans with only a few hundred miles on it
3,200 stall convertor

rear end has a newer Richmond 3.42 ring and pinion and all new bearing in the rear end.

Asking $17,000 O.B.O. if you have any questons you can best reach me by phone. 847-909-2156. my name is jesse

Jesse:

Here's a quote from "Sports Car Market", the source, so to speak, for the collector car hobby. This quote was posted last year after a nice, very low mileage stock 87GN sold for almost 30K.

"Cost new for this particular car was $17,451, including all options. The Grand Nationals are one of the few production cars from the 1980s that have started to show serious appreciation in the past few years, and this one was a good one to get."

Jesse, any interest in an 01 Mustang GT? 5 speed with a few bolt on parts. I believe the mileage is in the lower 30k range.

Take this for what it is worth.

Most of the high dollar cars are 90 % stock

Most mods distract from the resale value, as the more mods the more it becomes a race car.

Ask around for what cars with your mods sold for.

Hang in their, list it on e bay or auto trader for a better market,

Good luck :)

It is true. I have a stock original perfect paint GN with 4,506 Org. miles.
Been offered to sell it for more than was posted.

But I would think in all fairness,your car is truley worth that kind of money.
Why? I'm at the end of doing what you did except for motor.
To a white Limited,blue interior. Everyone needs a toy.

So my advice,don't get discouraged.Right now my car car still has the original motor and trans.Have an eric trans and motor coming.Or I would trade with money. You'll be OK................Just my,dime

Would love a picture. you can have either picture of mine.
Love to look at these cars........Hooked

Body off resto means different things to different people. Maybe you could be more specific and post a couple of pics.

I would be interested if you want to make a trade for my 72 GS Stage 1 Riviera. It's very original and nice. I'll be driving it to the GS Nats in Bowling Green this month. Actually, I am asking $19,900.

Did you keep any of the original parts you took off?

Tim

I agree, pics will allow people to see the car's general feature especially body off restoration? Cars that were modified correctly with fast timeslips sells. For what I see on different Buick sites I conclude that there are three categories of Buick owners; 1)Collectors-keep their cars in the garage or occasionally shows, mostly stock, and sells it if there's an opportunity, 2) Regulars-use their car as daily drivers, mildly modified, occasional shows,lots of racing on the street,most stolen, most common owners out there, and sells it for another faster GN/TR , 3) Hardcore-these people are the ones that makes the GN/TR popular and legendary both in the streets and @ the tracks, they are mostly tuners or wrenchers who can afford to do their own cars and have access to quality parts that makes these cars terrors on the street. Most cars in this category are 9-10 second staged cars with collosal turbos and sophisticated fuel mgmt.They normally are the longest turbo owners out there and they normally don't drive fast on the street unless challenged by other drivers not familiar with these toys until it's too late, is it safe to say that we were once blown away by a Buick that's why we own one now? Just a thought.

White face autometer gauges and a B&M quicksilver shifter. Big drag radials out back. NO A/C and heater box. there is a plate on the firewall.

These are the things that would slow the sale. To the potential buyer it screams race car. In Phoenix your car might get $12-14k without the A/C

Someday you will be sorry you sold it,even if you need the cash for something else.Everyone has their reasons.Wait it out,list it onebay,youll get your price or at least close depending on individuals.Post pics.

I think your car is priced close. This site no offense isn't the best judge of that. Most guys myself included come here looking for a deal. I think ebay is a better guage of market value. My experience with Buick guys is that most of us are cheap.

just sold a similar car with alot more mods than you have. problem is most here already have one so they are loooking to buy other when they can steal them and use as a spare car or resell to profit. If you need it gone set your price under 15,000 and you will get some action. anyone paying more than that wants a clean low miles stocker or a stage car.

I have a similar situation to you...in reverse. I bought an '87 GN with 17.6k miles on it from original owner. Perfect body and interior, never hit. It had been converted to a race car (stock modified class) and competed without the intercooler (used 84/85 intake & turbo w/87 electronics).

I am in the process of replacing the stock components (ac/heater box, etc) and removing the race stuff (roll cage, drag rims/springs/gauges, etc) to get it back to stock. What I paid for it set up as a race car is a lot less than I would have paid for an equivalent car that I didn't need to do this to. I enjoy the challenge of doing this and I had a donor car with everything I needed.

There was a quote I tried for the first time to enter.
Someone, Said hold on to your car...You know.that is what you should do.

Why, time make things more scarce. Look at those buying shows.
Maybe undo some of the more radical stuff. And keep it.

I say this almost selling my Low mileage GN 3 years ago to someone,
well called me up heard it through the grapevine...Glad I didn't for alot of reasons.

Just a thought, I don't know your situation, I know mine. Istill need money.
What's new. So I'm building last 5 years a Stage II stock bodied limited. Kept everything. Again none of my business..............Rob
PS> Put the air back in. It's a driver there somewhere....HTH REALLY

Well...

Well, the reason i wanted to sell the car was to buy a six speed ls1 trans am. But i just dont think i can get rid of my car. i love it way to much. its got that bad ass drag car look that i love. plus, how many gn's do u see on the street? i dont see many at all. ive had my car 2 years and have never ran into another gn while driving mine. So yes, i am keeping my car. the RJC front mount will be ordered tomorow, then alcohol injection in a few weeks.

bottom line ... you need someone with the $$$ !!! AND that has to have THAT car :cool: personally I can't see it .. to me it doesn't matter that some think its a hell of a deal ... do they have $17k to spend on a car that still needs work :confused: good luck on your sale :cool:

GNJesse said:
Well, the reason i wanted to sell the car was to buy a six speed ls1 trans am. But i just dont think i can get rid of my car. i love it way to much. its got that bad ass drag car look that i love. plus, how many gn's do u see on the street? i dont see many at all. ive had my car 2 years and have never ran into another gn while driving mine. So yes, i am keeping my car. the RJC front mount will be ordered tomorow, then alcohol injection in a few weeks.
keep it Jesse! the Trans-Am will not satisfy your cravings for speed!

Its possible to get it I got $16,500 out of mine and I had close to 30k in it. If you would like I could send you some pic of it. Its a buyer market and with all the fuel cost going up some people are just holding out for awhile until things settle down. If you don't have to sell hold out for awhile. Good luck

bigz said:
I think your car is priced close. This site no offense isn't the best judge of that. Most guys myself included come here looking for a deal. I think ebay is a better guage of market value. My experience with Buick guys is that most of us are cheap.

+1 :)

lemme put it this way ...who here has $17k they can spend TODAY ??? NOT the "if's" :p

I think its worth that much but if I had the money and found one with ac/heater stuff still in it I would pay it much faster.
I just bought a 1987 turbo regal with a lower end knock this car is a true 100% virgin I paid above market price for it.
IMO a no ac/heater car is not street friendly and scares a lot of people away. Mainly because of the butcher jobs some guys do to the car when they remove the “BOX”
If possible I would put the BOX back in get the ac working then sell a 10 second car with ice cold ac. I just looks and sounds better. Again just my .02
Good luck with the car.