Aluminum intake or drums for sale?

intake yes.... drums no...

im looking for drums myself.

as for intake.... just gimme some time...

lol

A.j.

Ok, take your time... I`m low on cash now anyway:( Look on ebay for the drums, I found quite a few and for decent prices too... but there are a lot of people selling just one... how do you end up with just having one anyways:D

What are the aluminum drums found on?

here
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/junkyard-dogs/295169-junkyard-parts-donor-list.html
quoted from junk yard parts donor "Aluminum Rear Brake Drums
83-84 Blazer/Jimmy S/T models
80-84 Buick LeSabre and ‘85 RWD
78-81 Buick Century
78-87 Buick Regal
81-85 Buick Riviera
82-92 Chevy Camera
86-89 Chevy full size passenger cars
78-81 Chevy Malibu
78-88 Chevy Monte Carlo
82-84 Chevy S10/S15
80-85 Olds Delta 88
78-82 Olds Cutlass
80-81 Pontiac Bonneville
83-85 Pontiac Bonneville
86 Pontiac Parisienne
82-92 Pontiac Firebird
78-85 Pontiac Le Mans
78-88 GMC Sprint/ El Camino

Easy to ID. They have 1" diameter balance weights welded to them. Usually found on GM's that have alloy wheels and no posi. 3rd gen F-bodies are your best shot. Used on B, C, D, F, and G-bodies with the 4.75 bolt pattern."
(quoted from http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/junkyard-dogs/295169-junkyard-parts-donor-list.html)

Nice Matt. I think the alum drums where aftermarket or maybe a special OEM add-on... maybe both idk, I just know they exist and I want them:biggrin:

Nice Matt. I think the alum drums where aftermarket or maybe a special OEM add-on... maybe both idk, I just know they exist and I want them:biggrin:

The bad part of aluminum drums is if they get hot they can blow up guys.:eek: Seen this several times and I'll be running discs on the car on all 4 corners. Just see how it's done in the car thread.:biggrin: I've got an extra set of backing plates off a Blazer for disc if anyone's interested.:biggrin:

The bad part of aluminum drums is if they get hot they can blow up guys.:eek: Seen this several times and I'll be running discs on the car on all 4 corners. Just see how it's done in the car thread.:biggrin: I've got an extra set of backing plates off a Blazer for disc if anyone's interested.:biggrin:

i cant wait to see how you do disk in the rear. is it a kit or are you making your own? i might be interested in the backing plates but i will want to see how its done first.

i cant wait to see how you do disk in the rear. is it a kit or are you making your own? i might be interested in the backing plates but i will want to see how its done first.

Off a Camaro Matt. I got the backing plates off a Blazer years ago along with a Camaro rear and have been waiting to put them on. Here's a pic of the rear with the wheels I've got.:biggrin:

Attachments

• wheel clearance.jpg
    wheel clearance.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 131
Off a Camaro Matt. I got the backing plates off a Blazer years ago along with a Camaro rear and have been waiting to put them on. Here's a pic of the rear with the wheels I've got.:biggrin:

i have alot of questions like... what year camaro do you get the parts off? will they just bolt up or is there something you have to do? when you do this do you have to change the booster or proportion valve? will everything just bolt up or is there major work?

If you look at the pic you'll notice that the mounting flange is square. You have to cut the original flange up to make the mount fit. If you want to go an easier way you can get weld on mounts that take the same caliper as the fronts on the car or use one off an early 80's Riv or Eldo. The Riv has the parking brake built into the caliper and isn't one of my favorites, but they do work. I will be changing the prop valve to a brass one for disc rears but some say you don't need to.

I forgot to add the disc set up is off a 4th gen Camaro or Firebird. You can also get most of the parts off a last gen Blazer but the discs need to be off a F body.

hey.... when I came up with this idea... I got ridiculed??? whats up?:confused: I can steal some dics from a grand am or toronado for like 30 bucks. (rear calipers and equipment not the discs)

hey.... when I came up with this idea... I got ridiculed??? whats up?:confused: I can steal some dics from a grand am or toronado for like 30 bucks. (rear calipers and equipment not the discs)

Different caliper, different bolt spacing, and not RWD. Not worth the work to make it fit. The Camaro brakes will fit and have been done quite a bit. Do a search for LS1 brakes.

Different caliper, different bolt spacing, and not RWD. Not worth the work to make it fit. The Camaro brakes will fit and have been done quite a bit. Do a search for LS1 brakes.

lemme guess... 1994 and newer... huh good idea!!!

83turbo, make that 1993 and newer, the last of the 3rd gen F bodies are 1992 as far as i know :) there seem to be plenty of the F bodies in the yards, but they're all missing thier brakes though :(

for 300 bucks the speedway disc kit served me well.

but i get a better launch with the surface area of the drum.

but I still need 2 aluminum drums.

A.j.