Aluminum flexplate ???

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
I thought I remember seeing one of these somewhere...

Is there one available for an Externally balanced 109 ? :D

That CAT sfi flexplate "may not" slip on the end of your crank; if that is the case than be very careful opening up the hole to just slipping on.
I have used in the past a 3" flapper wheel hooked to an electric grinder that I broke in on an angle on some scrap metal before using it to open up the hole in a flexplate.

I have used in the past a 3" flapper wheel...

I expect some sort of trouble with pretty much everything I do to this car anyway. :D
Luckily, I have one of those flapper gizmos in my toolbox. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up ! :cool:

The SFI flexplate showed up today... and sure as sh!t, it wasn't even close to going on.
I had to use my flapper wheel to open it up, then chamfer the inside edge to clear the fillet radius from the crank snout to the flange.

I put the trans up in and bolted it tight... then when I went to put the converter bolts in, two of the holes in the flexplate were good, and the 3rd was too small... So I had to get in there with a dremel and open up the one hole... There was NO WAY I was pulling the trans back out to do it on a drill press. I knew I should have checked them before going together with it. ;)

Anyway... all is well and it's back together and running again. :cool: