Aluminum Driveshaft Weight Savings?

G

GRAYGHOST

Over the stock driveshaft, what is the weight savings going to an aluminum? And obviously it is rotating weight, is there a way to figure savings of that?
Has anybody changed out just the driveshaft to aluminum and could tell a difference in spool, acceleration, etc., etc???
Is $300-$400 worth it?

Depending on supplier, the 3" aluminum DS is approx. 8-10 lbs lighter than the stocker.

HTH :)

Is there anyone running one that could tell a difference in anyway?

i took out my stock driveshaft and put a 3" aluminum one in...much more lighter...i am not sure how much but i could feel the difference definitely when i picked them both up

Approx. 5lbs. difference between the stocker and my 3.5" Dynotech Aluminum one.

Drive line clunk when putting it in gear isn't as bad but the noise level is higher pitched.

You can't feel much difference.

Originally posted by GRAYGHOST
Has anybody changed out just the driveshaft to aluminum and could tell a difference in spool, acceleration, etc., etc???
Is $300-$400 worth it?
Mikey, from what I've been hearing it's not going to matter if you put in an aluminum, titanium, or depleted uranium drive shaft because "you know who" is going to put white stripes down the middle of that new gray paint. I think it might be to your advantage to find a cruise missle to strap to your new JC Whitney spoiler. You might want to try helium in your tires, removing some of your "Mr T jr" jewelry, and shaving your eyebrow before you race. Good luck buddy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A white stripe.............you know that's right:D