Alto bands ??

gnsrule

Has anyone had any experiance w/ the New Alto band ?? I was talkin to a tranny guy, and he said his experiances w/ em are that they take like forever to seat in..even w/ a new drum. He recomends a Kevlar lined band from i forget who. Its certainly not as wide as the Alto, but he said it wurks. I just wanna try and get the most for my money, right now is the time to deside.
He said the Alto band took a few of his customers like 2-4k to break in properly, it wouldnt grap firmly till then, after that, it was fine. Does that sound right ??
Also,
im gettin a .500 tv booost valve, and a .300 2nd rev boost valve. Is there another boost valve upgrade also useing a .400 for sumthin else ?? or is just a different size valve for the same thing ??
Im in need of a convertr too, i could use my 2800 local built red stripe, but i think i wanna upgrade. My builder recomends the Precision single disc, i think its a toss up between that and a 9x11, I got a stock turbo right now, i got a pt-52 and a PTE f/m sittin on the bench. Im thinkin about a 3200 stall for now, ill grow into it. That should be ok w/ the stock turbo, right ??
Sorry it gettin rather lengthy,
Thanks

I know nothing of this break in period. We have had great luck with them right off the bat. No problems. And we have them.
I personally , don't like Kevlar....but thats me....

Bruce
WE4

Bruce, Do these new bands have holes and slots like the stockers or are they like the older AC bands? (no slots)
Thanks
Brent

I talked to Alto, today as a matter of fact, about the holes.
During testing I tried different sizes and position. I think we got it now. They are tooling to make them the way I requested. They will have two holes on both anchors. .250. The slots will be .250 X 1" long and there are 4 of them. in the center or top of band there is a .250 hole. So in closing there are now 5 holes and 4 slots. So far up till now I've been modifing these new bands myself and with great success. It is cool that a company will work with us.
Worked out best that way.
The old AC bands I never did get to work consistantly. This new piece will.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Originally posted by gnsrule
Has anyone had any experiance w/ the New Alto band ?? I was talkin to a tranny guy, and he said his experiances w/ em are that they take like forever to seat in..even w/ a new drum. He recomends a Kevlar lined band from i forget who. Its certainly not as wide as the Alto, but he said it wurks. I just wanna try and get the most for my money, right now is the time to deside.
He said the Alto band took a few of his customers like 2-4k to break in properly, it wouldnt grap firmly till then, after that, it was fine. Does that sound right ??

This is whacked. There is no problem with this. I have not experianced so today while on phone with Alto ,I asked. They said "HUH?"
Alto has several people testing these and not one has had this result. Not one.
So , I would have to say , "No" this is NOT the case.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com