Alternator Bracket

turbota633

Are the TTA alternator brackets a TTA specific item, or are they a common 3.8 v6 part found on any of the various models equipped with the 3.8/3800?
Looking at the alternator from the front of the car, the front left side broke off, just the little tab with the hole for the long bolt, so for now the alternator is held on by the right side bolt, the rear right bolt and the back of the left side mount where the long bolt goes through.
At some point in the past it broke off before and someone (before me) half @$$ welded it back on, not very well at all though.
I swear, if it isn't one thing, it's some other small, nagging item that breaks.

the entire accessory setup is the same and specific to the 86-87 LC2 (3.8 turbo) and the 89 tta no other cars will have that setup

the alternators came on many models, same for the ac compressor but all the brackets are unique to the 86-87,89 lc2

what broke isnt the alternator bracket but the tensioner
releive the belt by pushing down on the tensior pulley nut with an 18mm wrench slide the belt off the alternator , remove the alternator bolts and move it out of the way a little and then you can remove the tensioner .. youll see two bolts (15mm) one on each side that holds it to the accessory bracket

again the tensioner you need was only used is for 86-87 and 89 LC2

Alright! Well thanks for the reply, now I just need to find me one of these tensioners.
Anyone out there in TB land have a tensioner?? I suppose it would help if I posted that question in the parts needed section.

NO the rear support brackets for the alternator and the A/C compressor that attach to bolts on the driver side headers are different ... the front brackets are the same. So 50% of them are the same the other 50% are TTA specific and not found on any other cars out there.