Alternate Fuel

itlbtu2

Allright, I'm in the middle of my build (84 hot air - but open to ideas intercooler...etc.... ) and i'm getting ready to make a big decision. I have ask and ask about propane injection (because i own a propane business and it's free) and all I get is that it is not as helpful as akly. From what I can gather is that everyone that is using a propane kit that is not happy would be due to the fact of having to small of a tank. (not enough BTU's in my oppinoin - they say the tank freezes up. - duh too small.) So here is my question, What about running propane as my primary fuel???? I drive a Z71 that uses propane as a primary fuel every day and it runs better than any comparable truck around for it's age and mileage. What if i take the fuel tank out and just use a 55 gal. tank for primary fuel ?? it's cold enough not to need an intercooler , it has enough octane to not worry about Knock and it's cheaper than gasoline in the right areas of the u.s. (which i'm in) Would this increase performance on a H/A???

Just because it's hot air doesn't mean it's not a GN!!!!!

Any ideas

Come on guys I know this could work

Dusty

FYI on the propain injection system- propain was drawned off the bottle as a gas and not as a liquid as in using propain as a priminary fuel system. This contributed to the bottle icing & pressure drop.

Now to your main question.
Here is the first problem that I think you would have.
Getting enough fuel as you start & continue to build boost.

You know how the n/a propain system works, fuel vapor/gas is sucked into the engine after going thru a heater to change the liquid to a vapor/gas.
Tank pressure is normally under 40 psi - right?

Now if you have injectors that could handle propain and a pump system with a regulator to control propain pressure to the injectors (sounds like a Buick gasoline system-right?), then with a DFI properly programed with the right maps and controls, you would be in business.

These are just my throughts and maybe totally wrong.

Gary