Alradco fan configuration.

bishir

Serenity Now
Only one of my fans are coming on. I have a Casper engine harness that eliminates the low speed relay. Could this be the issue?

Are you running XFI or stock ECM.? Alradco fan are designed to work similar to the stock fan. You have a high speed fan and low-speed speedfan.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Aaron I'm having trouble posting pics with the app now. Here is what is happening... Is this normal for this setup?

The passenger side fan is chip controlled and the drivers side only comes on with a/c or if I ground the a/c switch. That is the only way I've gotten both to turn on. Is this how they are supposed to be configured?

Aaron I'm having trouble posting pics with the app now. Here is what is happening... Is this normal for this setup?

The passenger side fan is chip controlled and the drivers side only comes on with a/c or if I ground the a/c switch. That is the only way I've gotten both to turn on. Is this how they are supposed to be configured?

YES that is...... Now do you have an XFI or running stock ecm?

Sorry, seen you are running the stock ECM......... Now you will need to run a jumper between the two fans to get them to come on at the same time, but you may not like the battery draw when they do. What I suggest is getting the switch setup from Casper so you can turn it on when you want or a temp activated switch that will come on at a certain time.

Clint

Clint I have that switch and that's what I'll plan on doing. Thanks for the confirmation the fans are setup correctly.

Hmm. Can I jump in on this conversation please. So I'm having a similar issue but mine is that my driver side fan come on 1st which is the thicker fan I have a slim 1 on the passenger side but that 1 never seems to come on. I turn on my a/c switches even though it blows air only out of my top vents and no cold air but that does not engage my second fan anyway? I've gotten up to about 200 on temp and still haven't seen the second fan come on?

2nd fan most likely would be activated by high pressure A/C switch, which won't work with a dead A/C system, and the other high speed factory trigger is around 220 degrees an intake water sensor switch.

The caspers hi/lo manual switch plugs in parallel to the A/C high pressure switch connector.

It allows you to manually activate it on HI speed inside the car, or low speed, or off which is factory default wiring, since the A/C pressure switch can activate both Hi and Lo fans depending on the A/C high pressure value.

You wouldn't need a functioning A/C system to use the caspers switch but the fan wiring must be intact and working properly.

2nd fan most likely would be activated by high pressure A/C switch, which won't work with a dead A/C system, and the other high speed factory trigger is around 220 degrees an intake water sensor switch.

The caspers hi/lo manual switch plugs in parallel to the A/C high pressure switch connector.

It allows you to manually activate it on HI speed inside the car, or low speed, or off which is factory default wiring, since the A/C pressure switch can activate both Hi and Lo fans depending on the A/C high pressure value.

You wouldn't need a functioning A/C system to use the caspers switch but the fan wiring must be intact and working properly.
OK so this would require me to purchase a additional wire harness to make it a manual function ? I got the complete harness that came with the fan kit from alradco?

Hmm. Can I jump in on this conversation please. So I'm having a similar issue but mine is that my driver side fan come on 1st which is the thicker fan I have a slim 1 on the passenger side but that 1 never seems to come on. I turn on my a/c switches even though it blows air only out of my top vents and no cold air but that does not engage my second fan anyway? I've gotten up to about 200 on temp and still haven't seen the second fan come on?

I can't see on my phone your signature so I don't know if you are running stock ecm. If you have an xfi, you will have to trigger it (second fan). Have you checked your high speed relay or tried grounding your pressure switch to see if you can activate it .

Just wait until it hits 220 degrees it should come on.

You don't have to purchase anything if the stock fan setup is complete, if it's like your A/C system then you may need some work to the factory wiring/relays etc.

Caspers makes the manual Hi/Lo fan switch plug and play option if you want it.