alpine455 ?????

87Limitedwo2

Anybody know Alpine455? I have not gotten any responses from him since sending $600 via PayPal one week ago.
I am not the only one having this issue: another member, Reedog has also sent Alpine455 some $ (reportedly more $ than I did) with no response and no parts-----ironically the same rear suspension parts I purchased from Alpine455-----.

Eric Kanack is Alpine455 and I think he lives in Redford Michigan. There are several former addresses listed for him in MI.

If anyone has any information please pass it on.

Moderators, please pay attention to this.
Thank You,
Justin

There are at least 3 of us that have not received the parts we paid for or communication from Alpine455.

If this applies to you, please post here or start a new Feedback Thread so we can document this.
Justin

Dispute the PayPal payment.

It takes anywhere from a couple of weeks, to 1.5 months. There is a time limit, so don't wait.

There are at least 3 of us that have not received the parts we paid for or communication from Alpine455.

If this applies to you, please post here or start a new Feedback Thread so we can document this.
Justin
Dispute the PayPal payment.

It takes anywhere from a couple of weeks, to 1.5 months. There is a time limit, so don't wait.
This is where Im at fault: Did the "Send $ to Friends/Family" and it won't let you dispute it since you are not "paying for goods or services".
I think at least one of the other Members is in good this way.
Thanks,
Justin

Try to call PayPal & dispute it anyway.

You might consider playing dumb & see if PayPal will cover you, then make sure you don't make that mistake again. The first time that I had to make a PayPal claim was a purchase I made on this board many years ago.

JM, thanks for the help/advice. I saw that Z28 forum post from 2005 last night while trying to figure this guy out. Too little too late.
I will call PayPal. Thanks guys.
Justin

Still nothing from Alpine455 and there are at least 3 of us that have been defrauded.

It appears that if you pay through PayPal via "Friends/Family" you have no recourse through PayPal. Believe me, I won't do that again and urge anyone considering it not to as well unless you REALLY know the person.

I have since contacted my bank and opened a fraud case. Looks like I'm not stuck with Alpine455 stealing my $ and will ultimately get my $600 back (may take a few weeks).

Again, if this guy has taken your $, I urge you to start a Feedback Thread. Lets not let this THIEF get away with it.

Moderators: please take note and ban Alpine455 so no one else can fall victim to his efforts to defraud honest Members.
Thanks,
Justin

Still nothing from Alpine455 and there are at least 3 of us that have been defrauded.

It appears that if you pay through PayPal via "Friends/Family" you have no recourse through PayPal. Believe me, I won't do that again and urge anyone considering it not to as well unless you REALLY know the person.

I have since contacted my bank and opened a fraud case. Looks like I'm not stuck with Alpine455 stealing my $ and will ultimately get my $600 back (may take a few weeks).

Again, if this guy has taken your $, I urge you to start a Feedback Thread. Lets not let this THIEF get away with it.

Moderators: please take note and ban Alpine455 so no one else can fall victim to his efforts to defraud honest Members.
Thanks,
Justin
File a police report in Redford, Michigan. $600 is considered a felony

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.png

Might be your guy. My googleFu is strong, but can't guarantee 100% accurate.

Thanks,
Justin
File a police report in Redford, Michigan. $600 is considerate a felon
$680 here and no replies as of last week PP as Friend. Never again!

Again file a police report with the Redford PD! Seems this guy have a history of theft. Personally I never PP anyone as a friend unless I know that individual
personally.

Now there's someone that needs a good blanket party.

I just filed a police report with the local Sheriffs Dept. They will contact Michigan Police. Lets hope this guy get whats coming to him.

If you are one of the ones that Alpine455 defrauded (there are at least 6 of us), then file a local report with your local police.
Justin

All you have to do is send the funds with a cc if you friend/family it pp. All I do is call my cc co and dispute the charge. They only see a transaction debited to your statement, not friends and family. I've got my money back the 2 times I had a pp friend/family issue. Plus, having the dispute going through your cc co is easier and gets your money back quicker than pp, themselves.

So to recap, you're ok sending funds friend/family through pp, just make sure you do so with a cc. If something like this happens, your cc co will immediately give you a conditional refund, while they give the other party 30 days to come forward and prove otherwise. If they choose not to respond or are unable to prove it, you keep the refund.

Last edited:
Went to my bank and i reported a fraud.They instantly transfered the money back into my checking.
I will sign a document saying i am not benefeting in any way and that is the end of it.They will do whatever it is they do to recoup their money from this dirtbag?
I will never do the Friends BS thing even though the bank is dealing with it.
If the seller/buyer isnt willing to work 10 or 20 dollars for peice of mind oh well right?