Alpine vs. Panasonic

I bought the Alpine unit used for $100 and had it in my Mustang until I sold it...the deck is awesome...until my car was broken into and it rained...moisture in the faceplate=$130 replacement piece...to which I said screw this and pawned it off with out the faceplate. Can't believe they gave me $70 for it. It performs well and has good features. I'd take it over panasonic anyday!

I can't speak for the Panasonic but I love my Alpine 7893. It looks awesome! It is easy to use, you can adjust about everything imaginable, I am very satisfied with it. You can get them for about $280 on e-bay. I bought mine from Circuit City for about the same price that your link to Crutchfield shows. I also really like the tilting face plate (3 position) and the remote is something I like that I never thought I would care about but use all the time now. I have the Alpine 5 channel amp also.

I would pick alpine over panasonic any day.....
Provided they had equal features, I'd take the Panasonic. I beleive Alpine is over priced, over hyped, mediocre equipment.

I would go with the Alpine. Yes it is overpriced but awsome CD transport (skip free) and a excellent tuner. Alpine is one of the most trouble free headunits out there.

I'll chime in with my vote for Alpine. Had 2 different heads in the Regal, and a new 7874 (I think?) in the van.
I have tried some others, and some of my friends have other kinds. Panasonic makes some good stuff, but I would still take an Alpine unit anyday.
Go visit a circuit city, best buy and try them out. You dont have to buy them there, but just get familiar with them and see what you like.

Provided they had equal features, I'd take the Panasonic. I beleive Alpine is over priced, over hyped, mediocre equipment.

Plus they have horrible customer service and turnaround on factory repairs takes FOREVER...... The ONLY decks I've had more trouble with than Alpine are those hunks of crapola... Jensen!!!!!

Doug C.

Alpine is the best. Premier, Alpine and Clarion. Everything else is just second class.

And as far as service goes, I had a problem with my head, sent it out and it was back before a week went by. Haven't had a problem since, though now that I said something there probably will be.