almost made a $20,000 mistake

choppers4life

this is proof that when your mentally tired it is time to pack it up.
i am leaving for a much needed vacation on thursday, so packed up our bikes and what not today. well after driving to ohio, then dundee for a stupid water pump shaft for a pos suzuki bike
( friends ) i was tired and greasy and had a few "pops" well i have this trailer loaded with my banshee and ducati 748, my brothers brand new yz450 and his gsxr600 in a rush i leave monroe..
well i'm doing like 65-70 down i-75 and i make it home. i unload everything and unhook the trailer. lift up on the tongue to move it around my hitch pulls out of the receiver..

yup, i did not put the hitch pin in!!!

god was smiling down on me today as the law of physics says it should have pulled out. the weight was the only thing keeping it in...

i didn't tell anyone about this, due to my own mental error.. well now you know.. check and double check and if your tired or feeling rushed just stop..

That sounds like my kind of luck, except that they'd have gone a long way back! That would be a sickening feeling to look back and see that. Remember the old Mickey Mouse cartoon when the camper trailer let loose and passed him? Wouldn't be funny any more!