Almost lost my GN in an Ice storm 2 yrs ago

bogie1

I never had a garage for my 1986 GN that I bought new. Two years ago we had a horrendis ice srorm here in NC. When I woke up in the morning I looked out side and my heart was in my throat. I lost 20 % of the timber off my land to this storm and almost lost my GN.
My wife and I bought a saw mill and built a 3 car garage from the downed trees. Never again will she have to sit out and endure the elements.

Attachments

• gnice.jpg
    gnice.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 253
Damn, I would have just sat there and stared for a couple days. Thats a pretty neat picture.

It is an awesome pic....in a sickening kind of way, lol.

I just watched a show last night on the National Geographic channel about killer ice. They had a bit on the huge ice storm that blanketed Candada and the northeast US awhile ago. I still remember trying to scrape 3/8" thick ice off of my Jeeps windshield.

The picture is deceiving, The GN basicly made it out without a scratch. It did take a while to move all the debris but as you know you can't drive your turbo T's with a banna peel on the raod no less icy roads.:D

Looks like a helluva storm tho. You really lucked out. We get a little ice and snow up here in New England every now and then. :p Ive only driven my GN in the snow once, it was fun considering I only went 30ft. to the nearest open parking lot.