Allergy Medicine

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Hey all,
Spring is back, but so are the allergies. :( I had good luck w/ Zyrtec last year, but claritin and allegra were useless.

What do you use, and how much does it help?

Cheers,

Originally posted by GeneralB44
Hey all,
Spring is back, but so are the allergies. :( I had good luck w/ Zyrtec last year, but claritin and allegra were useless.

What do you use, and how much does it help?

Cheers,

I stopped all milk. I take in plenty of cayenne and other hot spices. Quercetin is good for flare ups. Plenty of liquids (water).
95% allergy free. Even my last scratch test came back negative after years of postives! No side effects, no heart issues, no dry mouth.:)

I usually take 4mg Chlortrimitone (sp?) . I get them from the pharmacist in any grocery store or Target. They go for around $3.00 for 100 pills.

That chloratimaton would knock my butt in the dirt. I'll never use it again. I had really bad hayfever up until I was 18 from springtime until the first frost. I then moved to florida and haven't had any allergies since. So, my recommendation would be to move to florida! :D

I've been takin Zytec for about the last 12 or so years. Clariten was worthless. :) Zytec works on indoor and outdoor allergines.

I tried Claritin for awhile, nothing.
I was on Zyrtec for awhile, not too bad overall,,but it did nothing for a really bad attack.
So far, this year, I am using Tavist Allergy Tablets. They are basically 1.34mg of clemastine fumarate. Its a really strong anti-histamine. Each one will last 12 hours. But, I dont take it unless I really need it, because they aint cheap either. But it has saved my butt a few times already.
Worth a try. I havent found a generic with the same ingredients yet.
I found out the hard way, that I have developed a bad allergy to tylenol. Two of these kept me from having to end up in the hospital.
You have to try and see what works best for you, because everyone is different.

Some years are worse than others. I can't figure it??
Since I moved to a hard wood floor house I was much better.
But the tree molds really bite!

I use a squirt of the 12 hour nasel stuff to open up my nasel
passages so I can sleep. Then I suffer the rest of the day with that clogged nasel sound.. I hate taking any stuff that makes you drowsey OR FREAKIN gives you other problems.

I am amazed when they say medicine can cause this & that & this. Why take it?:rolleyes:

Allegra works sometimes, if I take it soon enough (I'm out now). Claratin didn't do squat. Flonaise (sp?) is barely worth it--like shooting flowers up your nose til you can't stand it. Haven't taken Zyrtec, but my son does (3), for about a year and it works for him if taken in time. None of these things work very well for me if I take them after I'm already feeling it.

I take 1 --10/mg tablet a day. If I get an attack it's small and short lived.

The best i ever used is Zyrtec. Claratin and Allegra sucked. Thank god my wife works in the medical field because i get them all for FREE!!!!

I live on Advil (Cold and Sinus). Best part is 0 side effects(on me). For seasonal i've used Vancenase(sp) spray. It's a corticosteroid and takes about 2 wks to start working. It works great but you shouldn't stay on it too long. IMO......... Ross L

Allegra works for me??

Not sure why everybody else has problems with Allegra, but it works for me. I've been taking it the past three summers and all's good. I know if I've forgotten to take it.. sinuses will go through the roof. Only one problem I had when I first came here to Germany...

I got off the plane, they flagged me over for customs (guess the cowboy hat made them nervous). It was a girl who was doing the inspections... she looked through two of my bags and she found my Allegra in the prescription bottle. I told her, that was only Allegra. Later on, I found out that Allegra is also the brand name for a birth control pill over here... I have no idea what that girl at customs thought it was cause I didn't say it was allergy medicine... However, I've never flown through that airport ever since. :)

Allegra and Flonase here

I take Allegra and Flonase daily and they've helped a good bit. In an effort to make mine permanent, I started immunotherapy injections about a month ago. Could take 4-5 yrs to become permanent but worth it in my opinion.