Alchy injection info page

Hey Chad, alky tuning question?

Just got the alky going and this is what's happening. If I'm going 60-65mph and floor board it real fast it seems to bog and the boost won't build. Now if I ease into it at the same speed and wait til the spray on light comes on and then floor board it, it will run great. Turn on point is set at 10psi and pump speed is set on 5. Do I need to have the alky come on earlier? From a dead stop it will also bog down. I'm running a JC93 street chip with fuel pressure set at 42psi static. Boost is set at 19psi. When it bogs the 02's are around 840's. When it doesn't they are around 800. Stock turbo and injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, R.B.

This sounds like a tuning issue, but not an alchy tuning question.

What does the engine do when you floor it at 65 without the alchy?

What does it do from a dead start without the alchy?

From a dead start, without alchy, where do you see knock?

Single or dual nozzles?

What are the 0-2 numbers at 60 mph from a dead stop?

Have you changed/cleaned the air filter lately?

How about the plugs? What gap, how old, what kind?

Plug wires good?

My guess is you have bad gas, poor spark, too much fuel in the chip, or not enough timing.

Turbo Tim, I was running the same chip before the alky with 93 octane gas and 16lbs of boost. Punching it at 65mph the car ran great with 02's at 800. From a dead stop the car ran perfect from 0 to 100mph with 02's around 795. Spark plugs are AC CR43TS gapped at .35. They were changed about 6 months ago along with the air filter. However the wires are the original ones! Still don't understand why when I gradually build boost until the alky kicks on and then floorboard it, she runs great! It seems like the alky may need to come on sooner than the 10psi setting. ( I don't know) It is a single nozzle system. With it bogging from a dead stop, what does it sound like to you? Thanks, R.B.

Assuming the car runs the same now with the alchy turned off, as it did before, - then the only thing I can see wrong is the turn-on point. Should be more like 14#...

Something still doesn't seem right.

Be sure you have the hose clamps tight. (I assume you took the up-pipe off to drill it, you should have, even tiny peices of metal will put marls on the turbo blades)

You didn't answer all my questions either. What mix are you running? Go with 100 percent de-natured to start with...:)

What does it do now fro0m a dead stop, without the alchy?

The car runs perfect from a dead stop or from 30 to 60 or from 60 to 100 etc. without alky!!! I'm running pure denatured.

Sounds like the spray on point is too soon, raise it up to 14# like TurboTim said. And if it's bogging, either turn the alky down or lower your fuel pressure a bit, just a bit though. HTH

Donnie

12.2 Donnie? You are getting closer. A couple more months on the Atkins diet, and you should be there! ;)

Nice info Chad-as usual. Just to let you know though the link to my page is obsolete. If you wish to update that link just grab the alky page one from my signature. Thanks.