Alarm system recommendations

cwelk87gn

XCELR8S
I am about to buy an alarm for my car in a couple months and would like some input on what you all have and recommend. I am looking for a bad-a$$ system, and money isn't much of an issue. Has anyone checked out the Compustar's?

I have the Python Responder on the GTP and LOVE it. You really cant get any better than the products from Directed. I paid a little over $600 installed (piezo horn, backup battery, mercury hood switch as extras). Another really good one is the Clifford stuff. Just be warned they are really expensive and a pita to install.

Alarm

Most car alarms are made by the same three companies.I would go to Ebay and get the paging LCD remote car alarm with keyless entry and remote start.I have installed Viper for 10 years and also others;Alpine,ungo,etc.This unit is 100 bucks and is comparable to other higher priced alarms.If money is really not an issue,then go with the Alpine alarm with LCD remote and paging options.It will run about $500 with install but is the Rolls Royce of alarm systems.I personally think the LCD paging alarm on Ebay cant be beat.(Like a sore peter)Where are you located?I could hook it up for a fellow GN owner.You bring the beer!