Alarm Problem??

TWIN86GNS

My 86 GN that I bought in 1998 has an aftermarket alarm (Audiovox) that was in the car when I bought it. The alarm is just a normal alarm with 2 remotes but the problem is when I am at a certain strip mall in town the remotes do NOT work. After I leave that area the remotes work again. On a few occasions I have had to unlock my door manually with the key and then the alarm goes off, then I have to put the key in the ignition turn the ignition to on and then hit the valet switch. It is a pain in the butt and embarassing having the alarm go off before being able to get in and drive away.

I guess the question I am asking is, has this happened to anyone else and if so what was the solution? I have wondered about the batteries in the remote, could they be getting low on power or is there just a lot of interference at this strip mall???

Any help would be appreciated,

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

GN #1 11.38 @ 120.25 mph
GN #2 13.25 @ 102.95 mph

Code Alarm products have the same problem near the University of Ill Chicago hopspital. I beleive a security system in the nearby area is using a very similar freq as the alarm. Not much you can do about it except change alarms or go to a different mall.

Thanks for the info. For the longest time I just thought that my remotes were crap until I realized that I only had this problem at this strip mall. It isn't anything that I am going to worry about then because my GN isn't my daily driver and I only go to that place about once a week or less anyway.

Once again thanks for the help,

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca