Air temp sensor

D's GN

Is the air temp sensor placement crucial for specific parameters on a XFI? I am using alky and am wondering if tapping the rear of the upper plenum will be sufficient.

Does the alky affect the readings? I really do not want to pull the lower intake to drill a hole since it is together and running. Thanks

Air Temp Sensor for XFI

I put mine in the upper plenum on the passenger side about 1/3 of the way down from the top and 1/3 of the way back, from the front. I had to extend the sensor wires to reach. Jack Cottom told me I could use the stock air temp sensor. Put some anit-seize on the threads.

Thanks, is the air temp used in conjunction with the wideband to make fuel corrections or for timing adjustments based on sudden changes in temperature?

Is the air temp sensor placement crucial for specific parameters on a XFI? I am using alky and am wondering if tapping the rear of the upper plenum will be sufficient.

Does the alky affect the readings? I really do not want to pull the lower intake to drill a hole since it is together and running. Thanks

I was told by Bob at Full Throttle that ALKY will affect the readings is you place it in the plenum. He mentioned putting it in the up pipe before the ALKY nozzle. I am not saying this is right or wrong that is the information he gave me.

I talked to Julio today about placement in the upper plenum, he has an XFI and has only ever run alky- pumpgas. He basically said it will not be a problem and compatibility with alcohol and the sensor will not be an issue. :D

I prefer it to be in the plenum. You'd be suprised how high they climb while the throttle is closed at a stop light. The cars seem to have much better driveability with the sensor in the plenum. It's also:eek: when you turn the alky on and see it drop 30 degrees below ambient.

I prefer it to be in the plenum. You'd be suprised how high they climb while the throttle is closed at a stop light. The cars seem to have much better driveability with the sensor in the plenum. It's also:eek: when you turn the alky on and see it drop 30 degrees below ambient.

Dusty, are you running ALKY with the SBC? I was thinking about running Alky for the street tune.

Do you use a air temp sensor or a coolant temp sensor in the plenum?

I've got the new Champion On Center Intake. I put the air temp sensor at the bottom in the back (under coil pack) I figured it's about as close to what the intake valve is seeing.

If you go to Advance and try to order a Air Temp sensor for a GN they don't have a listing. Since we have a Typhoon And I know they list one for it I ordered that sensor and it's the same thing!
~Scott