air pwr plate

hershillgn

just wondering if anyone has tried the airflow power plate from kirbin, and if so how was it? also i have a stock motor except for chip cam and stall and few other small mods and im putting a high volume oil pump in , does anyone have an idea what pressure spring to use ? and is should the fuel pressure be set to 42 ib with vac line off? please help

thanks mike

Its the RJC power plate, and its highly recommended by most Tr owners. I have one, its great. Cheapest mod that makes the most difference.

Quick question here.... with line off isn't the fuel pressure about 10 pounds higher than with it on? My pressure is reading mid to high 20's with the line on. This would mean my pressure is mid to high 30's, line off? I thought this was way low, but WOT runs show my O2s in the low to mid 800s on my Scanmaster.

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
Quick question here.... with line off isn't the fuel pressure about 10 pounds higher than with it on? My pressure is reading mid to high 20's with the line on. This would mean my pressure is mid to high 30's, line off? I thought this was way low, but WOT runs show my O2s in the low to mid 800s on my Scanmaster.

:eek: That ancient chip you have may require stock FP levels, ~37psi line off. Dump that chip for one made this century and you will be much better off. Current chips are designed to run at 43.5 psi usually, as that is where most injector makers rate their injectors

I only have 2 chips for my 009s right now. The K-B chip and a MM street chip. The MM chip doesn't have l/u so I just run the K-B chip. I also have those cheap worm drive clamps so I use the high timing chip to compensate for the low boost I have to run. I plan on getting a custom chip burnt soon.