Aftermarket tuning books videos?

6banger

Slower Traffic Keep Right
I`ve had a car with the FAST system for a few years now and I had it tuned professionally. I just picked up another turbo car with the Big Stuff 3 and its time I get a better understanding of how the whole electronic ignition, fuel management system works.

I came from the old school playing with carbs, timing, and distributor springs to adjust the rate of advance. The only eletronics around were the coil/ distributor and electric fuel pumps. I`ve built engines, carbs distributors, and I understand what we are trying to accomplish. Plus with a normally aspirated car I didn`t have the variable of compression to worry about.

I`m looking for a book, video, links or any help in laymans terms that`ll explain how all the electronic sensors come into play to help me get a better understanding of how they all tie together. I watched the tuning of my car and as it was done, was told what was going on, I just don`t have a good enough understanding of all the sensors and their roles as to how they effect each other in the final outcome.

I know every tuner out there had to learn somewhere or from someone, and started off in the same position I`m in.

Any help would be appreciated.;)

Thanks,
Jim

How to Tune & Modify Engine Management Systems is one of my favorites. I highly recommend it.