Aftermarket Rear End

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Looking for aftermarket rear end with raised upper control arm mounting point that is equipped similar to my rearend as described in next sentence. Will purchase or trade for my GN rear with girdle, TA cover, 32 spline axles, upgraded posi, Baer disk brakes. Anyone going back stock?
Conrad

I think I have what you're looking for Conrad. Do a search in the for sale section under my name and you can find the ferd 9" I've got for sale. I'd love to have an 8.5" gm to keep the car looking somewhat in stock configuration.

Charlie,
I saw your ad earlier (Hot Air). I do have a question....You mentioned that it is set up for a B-body caliper so e-brake would not be a problem. Question is...which B-Body caliper? Also, could you measure distance from centerline of axle to center of upper control arm bushing? Trying to determine if upper bushing is at stock height or extended.
Conrad

ps...does housing appear to be cambered to go left (circle track car)?

Charlie,
I saw your ad earlier (Hot Air). I do have a question....You mentioned that it is set up for a B-body caliper so e-brake would not be a problem. Question is...which B-Body caliper? Also, could you measure distance from centerline of axle to center of upper control arm bushing? Trying to determine if upper bushing is at stock height or extended.
Conrad

ps...does housing appear to be cambered to go left (circle track car)?

This is the saame housing that is on Speedways site. It does have brackets welded on for the big body calipers but that's not an issue. Get the rear calipers from a eldo or toronado and they'll bolt right on. Parking brake lever is on the caliper.

As far as the pics, my camera angle is a little off and I can take some better ones if you'd like. The ears look weird but they're the same legnth.

I'll see about taking some measurements for you tomorrow if I get the time. One of the interesting things about this axle set up is the way the ends are attached. If you want to get a normal axle shaft for it you unbolt then and put the axles in with the bearings. It has the hubs as a seperate unit.