Aftermarket headers?

coldair85GN

fast85GN
I am tired of repairing the stock headers and am now comparing the various aftermarket offerings available. I am using a 3 bolt turbo so what I am looking for would generally be classified as a stock replacement header system. I want to hear from people that actually have used these aftermarket headers on their own or customers cars. I am looking at:

ATR stainless headers: Pricey for sure
Postons ceramic coated headers: They sure look good
Kenne Belle: Havent heard anything about em

Anyone have some input on this?

You shouldnt have problems if your stock headers are repaired properly.With your combo you might notice more lag on spool up?Id recom sticking with the stock headers.Just my two cents.;) If you do decide to go with the aftermarket those ATR headers are sweet,but like you said they are expensive.

I second the atrs. The knne bill headers are the same as the atr. You can find some used ones in the parts wanted section. They are sweet and you will never go back to any thing else. Make sure that you get the special clamps that come with the headers and you will need a new down pipe so that they will fit.

Ok....let me clear up the deal with repairing the stock headers. I am tired of having them repaired PROPERLY. I have had them repaired PROPERLY 3 or 4 times and have grown very tired of removing them from the car. I have heard horrible things about Hooker headers so I never even considered them. I have heard from at least one person that the Postons headers are a good set of headers because they are simply an improved version of the stock header design made with better metal. I would really like to hear from people using them to see what they have to say. I already have an ATR downpipe so that is out of the way.
I sure wish ATR would drop the price on the headers.

I have the ATR headers and they are really nice. Are they worth the $$$?? I personally don't think so, but they I don't regret getting them either.

Derrick

Postons headers

I have them installed and they went on fairly easily. Mine have cracked slightly on the left side just above the flange but it has never gotten any worse unlike the stock headers. I ocassionally hear a tick at startup from the crack but it goes away I suppose as they heat up. The only problem I had installing them was the fit of the down pipe to the header, I had to loosen the cat connections to be able to tighten the top side then retighten the connection at the cat.