Aftermarket front cover set screw...

NC87GN

johnny boost
Anybody know the size/type thread on the set screw that goes in the top of the Precision front cover? Mine seems to have disappeared......

Hope it did not disappear inside the front cover. I have the same cover and wondered myself if that is a tapered setscrew.
Mitch

Cheapo>>>>>>

The loss of that plug has been a problem on MANY of those covers..... The cheapo $hitty quality of the so called "pipe threads", allows it to fall down into the ft end of the engine, possibly taking out the cam gear and such..... If it does make it to the pan, it can bounce around and knock the crap out of the pistons, cam, etc.......

My suggestion: FIND IT, before you blow it up... It likely did not come out the top of the cover.... something to do w/ gravity and Murphy's law....:eek:

Originally posted by NC87GN
Anybody know the size/type thread on the set screw that goes in the top of the Precision front cover? Mine seems to have disappeared......

It's standard 3/8-16 machine thread. Use a set screw and epoxy or loctite it in place. If yours went into the engine, you may have got lucky and had it end up in the pan (not in the gears)!