aftermarket ac & heater systems????

youngdeezy510

I wanted to clean up under the hood by getting rid of the bulky ac crap that didnt work. the ac delete plate covered that. now i wouldnt mind using a aftermarket system for heat and have it tucked in my glove box. has anyone on this forum dont this? if so what are you using (NAME AND PART# WOULD BE HELPFUL). i mainly just need some heat lol and its really good weather here in the bay area of cali so the ac isnt as important as heat. another g-body guy once told me he did a glove box heater setup that he got off of summit "MOJAVE HEATER" I looked up those models and just not 100% sure which 1 to get and would like other info about this type of stuff before i consider buying something i dont have muck knowledge about. soory if i posted this in the wrong area

sum-991102.jpg

I responded to your PM, but this is a Summit heater that runs for $136. It works off of the factory heater hose lines and utilizes a 4 way switch to make it work.

Summit Racing SUM-991102 - Summit Racing® Automotive Heaters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

thanks man thats helps me alot

DSCN4383.jpg

no ac isnt a problem here in the bay area of cali but the early mornings are a little cold sometimes. i dont need some crazy heater just something real basic to warm the car up a bit.

Any updates on what you did? I am looking at doing something like this also.

Cool setup if you want heat, but want a clean firewall. Especially helpful if running a stage 2 with stage 2 heads which I plan to do in the future. I wonder if there is a way to make the switch look stock and use the stock location heater/fan swith setup instead of a random switch hanging out the dash somewhere... The instructions say you have to drill either a 7/16" or 1 1/8" hole, so I am assuming a round, dial-type switch.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/sum-991101.pdf

very interesting so this heater box sits between the glove box and the a/c delete plate out of sight? is there ducting that attaches to existing ducting allowing it to vent out the factory vents?

I have considered an under dash AC/heater, but would like to know if anyone else has tried it.

Here in Florida: AC delete is NOT an option!