Affordable drag wheel/tire combo?

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Well, my car has basically become useless if Im really trying to stomp someone because traction is a major issue. I can only put down 1.93 on street tires. I NEED another set of DR's for saturday nights, Im getting tired of turning down call outs... I can only make so many excuses before I look like a chicken lol.

So I want 275/50-15 MT DRs, and 8in wide wheels.

Now where Im "saving" money is on the wheels. I really dont care how they look I just need something that will be reasonably strong. I run 16in GNX style wheels regularly, so I want something that's cheap and looks similar(black/chrome silver pattern).

U.S. Wheel 94 Series Black Modular Wheels: USW-94-5834 - summitracing.com
U.S. Wheel 24 Series Black Blade Wheels: USW-24-5834 - summitracing.com
that's what I found.

What I really need to know what what are the Rim specs I need like BS, and offset.

So would steel wheels be OK, or would the weight kill me? This car will more than likely stay well above 11.5.

There have been different write up's about the weight of wheels and the effect on quarter mile times. I can not give specific referrences but I'm sure that I have read everytime that weight of aluminum vs. Steel did not effect times. I personally dont know if I can believe this based on basic logic. I would just go for a 4.75" backspace on your wheels. You may want to check Ebay for wheels. There is a company selling rims for very cheap that look a lot like American Racing TT2's. i believe they were around $450 for a set. If you do a search for backspacing and read through the different threads, you will find a ton of info that will help you. Good luck!;) -----Jeremy

go with some steelies from summit racing they are used mostly for circle track but are light weight and strong. Usually can come in chrome or black. Cheap compared with some other drag racing rims. only like $40-$90 each depending on what you get.

ok sounds good on the wheels. I guess Im still confused on the BS though.

wouldnt 4.75 tuck them WAY under the car? Also all of them I see are 3.75in... I wish I knew what BS my GNX style wheels were because they fit great.