AFCO Improved Geometry Center Link

WE2Regal

Speedway Motors and other circle track suppliers are selling an improved geometery center link that relocates the inner tie rod assemblies. What advantages or downsides are there using this on a street car?

I ordered their catalog and it doesn't say anything about being a circle track racing item.

When I get to my suspension, afco centerlink is a piece I am looking to buy because I really think I will help my steering geometry.

Afco also has some pretty cool front a arm bushings that will help free up some suspension travel. Maybe good for for weight transfer at the drag strip.

There are several different center links you can get to correct the geometry. The one I think you're looking at requires special tie rod assemblies and you have to put it on to measure what you need to get. Can you post a link to it or maybe an item number?

charlief1 said:
There are several different center links you can get to correct the geometry. The one I think you're looking at requires special tie rod assemblies and you have to put it on to measure what you need to get. Can you post a link to it or maybe an item number?

From what I understand is that you can cut the originals at the threads to make the tie rods shorter and used the same hardware.

It makes the travel of the tie rods parallel to the lower a arm as it travels up and down.

That's the one intended for off road. I don't think you'll like the way it sets up but give it a try. Make sure where the idler arm and the pitman arm mount are in the exact same location. I've heard this can be an issue with those center links.

The Speedway Motors part number is 10630271. I'm also looking at their tie rod assemblies (part number 91032800) but don't know what length to order. Anyone using them?

These are for a stock centerlink and I don't know if these will work on the other center link.

Bump steer correction tie rod kit part number 910-32800, 18.5" long
Stud kit for bump stop correction kit part number 916-36055GM
Seals for outer tie rods available from speedway 910-01504

Many thanks Charlie. I'm going with a stock replacement center link with the tie rod kit from Speedway Motors.

WE2Regal said:
The Speedway Motors part number is 10630271. I'm also looking at their tie rod assemblies (part number 91032800) but don't know what length to order. Anyone using them?

I am not sure on the length of the assemblies but like charlief1 said, I also heard that the mounting points on the their centerlinks that go on gbody cars are the same as the Fbody as wider and throws the geometry off.

You should call afco and verify if the mounting points for the pitman and the idler are the same length as the stock. If so we should be good to go.

Wanted to revisit this thread and see if anyone since has tried this new center link that reduces bump steer from Afco? I am wanting to redo my steering and had a few questions if anyone that has used it on the road can answer. Part number is 30271 its a specific part for only g bodies in the Afco catalog and it was in the drag racing section of the catalog. So far looking online I found out that it only relocates the inner tie rods to go lower and outward and not where they mount on the pitman or idler arm. Need to know if it will hit the crossmember where the front braces mount and how drivability is for an every day vehicle?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Have you called afco? I'm sure they can answer a few questions about it.

No not yet. If I don't hear from anyone ill make the call Afco in a week or so and report my findings. Here is what's on the catalog regarding the center link.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1373650757.936743.jpg

Don't bother, it's not for a G body even though it says it is. It will work on a circle track because of the way the track works but it's not for street use. It creates more issues than it solves.:mad:

Just made the call to Afco and they do not advertise that the mounting points for the pitman and the idler arms are spaced further apart as well, and not just for the tie rods. I was thinking and hoping they had redesigned this center link to work like I expected but its not going to work for my application.

The nylon bushings the lightweight bushings I believe they are called do work nice. Have them on my car now in the lowers. Very smooth riding. I'm taking the lowers off my white t and installing spc lowers with Delrin bushings. But they will probably end up on my silver t with a set of those bushings for the stock uppers as well. Take away the bind and allow the shock and spring to do its job. Joel