Aeromotive Fuel Pump 1000

Cruzbear

Pump is not pressuring up seems dead, coincided with a dead battery. Charged up the battery, turn the key nothing. Checked the electrical seems fine. before I spend $400 on a new pump anyone have this problem?

You might try reversing the wires and kick it on for a brief second or two and see if it might be stuck and or has trash that has caused it to freeze up. I've seen it happen. It could be that it is running but is cavitating and or lost it's prime and you just can't hear it running. Have someone cut it on while you're under the car and can hear/feel it. If you have it running and it starts to pop the fuse, it's game over and time for rebuild/replace.
HTH

Patrick

Th pump was clogged had it rebuilt...Just got it back and installed it, but I seem to have a problem getting fuel pressure.. well I have no pressure. I have tried priming it by the turn of the key, done this many times no change and pump has fuel passing through. I cannot detect a leak anywere. Ran fine prior to the rebuild. Am I missing something?

Did you put a backflow/ check valve in the system?

The Fuel system will not hold pressure when shut down?

Try to apply 12 volts directly to pump before buying a new one.

If the pump had enough crap in it to clog it up, perhaps the same crap is in the filter, the FPR??
How is the system plumbed?

Pump issue

I agree with Chuck. I hope you have a pre-filter before your pump to keep garbage out of your pump then a post pump filter to keep any thing small from getting to the injectors.

Steve

Well guys thanks for the help, I tried a bunch of the stuff suggested above.
This is what the problem was... We all have seen the Aeromotive logo with the arrow/direction built into it, typically we ensure the arrows are lined up the filter-pump-filter and we are assured of the flow... Well I lined up the logos/arrows but as it turns out after aeromotive rebuilt my pump they reversed the outside shell... I never paid attention to the writing on the end that said INLET... I took my pump reversed it and bang! 40psi. I feel a little stupid...
Again thanks for the quick help.

For the record my set-up is a sump system, I do have the pre-micron filter and I think I will consider the post filter as well.