AEM wideband help.

jcawley3

I got the wideband installed but I have zero exp. with widebands. I'm assuming there is no magic number? is there a number you want to be at? or if this info is somewhere and you have a link? thanks John

I have a TT wideband chip, PL, and scanmaster

10.5 a/f pump and alky car. Use fuel adjustments to tune in the air fuel ratio and not adding alky.

ok, I can set it in the powerlogger and the chip will make corrections, is the way I'm reading it? sound right?

Yes use your instruction Eric sent with the TT chip and you should be in the ball park. It has a pretty good break down. Post any questions but go rich and lean out SLOWLY. It has a lot of adjustment but the PL grid makes it easier to read and set.

Got it hooked up. Can see it working on pl but not sure how to set it Directions sent with Tt chip don't cover the aem wideband

When you ordered your TT chip did you tell Eric it was going to be used with a AEM? He asks for that is why I'm asking. I also take it you don't have a gauge for the WB? The correction WB chip I'm using shows the #'s in the bottom 8 cells as the adjustments and the top 8 cell as the monitoring #'s.
I started my A/F ratio at 10.5 on E85 and I will adjust from there. Let's say your base fuel is set at 128 and it ends up at 145 in the upper cell. Go to the lower cell and change it to 145 and that will correct it. It the # is lower then reduce it.
The instruction I got have 9 pages, if you do not have them get ahold of Eric and tell him what chip you have a get a copy. You WILL need them. Hope this helped.

I did tell him.... and it does have a gauge. I have more problem now.... hooked it all up... updated the scanmaster to 2.2 moved the white wire to the scm port I have power but no data screen just goes blank