Advise needed on GN that has sat in storage!!!!

Fine86GN

Hey all,
Have 86 GN that has 34,000 miles on it and has sat quite a bit. It's all stock! When I do get to drive it it acts like it's running on 4 or 5 cylinders. Won't accelerate. Could this be bad plug wires, bad coil pack, plugged fuel filter. Any suggestions on where to start.
After I get it running better, I will probably sell it. Can it be beneficial to try to sell it at a GN event like the GN national event?
Thank you all very much for you help.

Your info stated "quite a bit" has no value, a month, a year, many years?

Gasoline turns to crap after only a few months, so if it is many months or a year or 2, that probably is your issue?

X2 on the gas. Drian tank change filter refill with fresh 93 octane and see how it runs..hopefully injectors havent clogged. Id also verify spark on each cylinder.

Your info stated "quite a bit" has no value, a month, a year, many years?

Gasoline turns to crap after only a few months, so if it is many months or a year or 2, that probably is your issue?
Longest it has went without being started is about 3 months. Runs so rough it is difficult to drive. Will die at idle once warm. Hesitates on acceleration and takes a while to respond to pushing on accelerator. Acts like its not firing all 6 cylinders. Hope that helps. Thank you.

Starting the car periodically won't improve the gas any. Could also be a clogged fuel filter, bad MAF, etc.

Take the back of a screwdriver and tap on the MAF sensor a couple times. If your motor hesitates or runs different when tapped on its bad.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My car sat for over two years before I bought it. I changed the gas, the fuel filter, and the oil before I even tried to start it. It still ran like poop, but that was because of vacuum leaks that will inevitably pop up on a neglected TB.