Advice on T66

MGTTYPE

I recently aquired a T66 that needs a rebuild. When I called Limit they told me it could be upgraded up to a 76 for right about what it would cost for the regular rebuild. My goal is to run 10's eventually. This will be with as much weight reduction is possible. I plan on running 72's or 83's and a max effort R. This car will be driven on the street ocasionally. I would like to keep stall below 4k. thanks in advance for any advice Mario

I would stay with the T66. If this is going to be a street/strip car the 76 is going to be to big. T66 will get you well into the 10's.

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply Chris. The reason i asked is because I just want to do it once. I was told it could be made into any size between that t66 and t76. Is there a size in between that would you would recommend? I plan on running an AC 19630 or vigilante with the same general stall. thanks for any suggestions Mario

The only size I know that is between is the Gt67 which I have heard some stories about not being efficent past 25lbs of boost, but that is just a rumor.

Good Luck

Thanks for the feedback Chris. My grandmother just moved to Katy last month. Im in the RGV. I will be up there in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll bring my buick if its running in time. Id be interested in getting some info on your combo :D thanks Mario

Well, the wheels that I know of between T66 and T76 are the GT67, T70, GT71, and the T72. I don't know what compressor cover you have and how far it can be machined, but if you were told you could go all the way to a T76 then all of them should be possible. I'm assuming a P trim turbine for all this. In my opinion: the GT67 is so close to the 66 it wouldn't be worth changing, I haven't heard much good (or bad) about the GT71, I've heard that the T66 will do high 10's but it's really straining to do mid 10's, the T72 will do mid 10's easily, and the T76 can be pushed to high 9's or more. So, I would go to the T72 if I were you, and about 3200 or 3500 stall, probably 3500, and 72 lb/hr injectors (I don't think you need 83's but they won't really hurt anything). You could also think about a GTQ trim turbine wheel and a T70 or T72 compressor but that will really need more stall and not be nearly as nice on the street.