Adonized U-joint Straps- where can i get em'?

Foost

May the boost be with you
I'm looking for some strong u-joint straps for a stock yolk. I saw a pair on a yolk that were blue adonized. I was told Spicer makes them but I have been unlucky on my quest to get em'. I am looking for the strongest set i can find any info. would be appreciated.

Foost said:
I'm looking for some strong u-joint straps for a stock yolk. I saw a pair on a yolk that were blue adonized. I was told Spicer makes them but I have been unlucky on my quest to get em'. I am looking for the strongest set i can find any info. would be appreciated.
-------------------------------------
Aluminum?
Only aluminum can be anodized.

I thought the same thing. To be stronger than the stock steel straps, they'd have to be pretty "beefy"

moroso makes some nice ones but I m not sure they are anodized

just go to any driveline shop, the spicer ones are plenty strong enough. i can almost guarantee you the strap is not the weak link. i worked in a driveline shop for a while and saw a lot of crazy stuff, never any problems with a u-joint strap.

if you want to be on the safe side only use the straps once, they are really only ment to be tightened down once.

and you can always paint them blue if you'd like...

We used them on a friends chevelle because they hold the caps on the u-joints more securely, the little nub on the yoke had wore down and he was loosing u-joints all the time. These fixed it.

put a little spot weld at the end of the yoke, just big enough to hold the cap in place. i believe spicer makes a strap with a tab at the end, i'm not sure if they make them for the gn yoke (1350 i believe) its worth asking. but either way using new caps should provide plenty of clamping force to hold a cap in place, if they are reused they will be stretched and out of shape and then you have a much better chance of losing a cap. very few people know it but the straps are designed so the tabs aren't flat at the bottom, once it is torqued down for the first time it changes shape a little and fits perfectly. but it will only fit perfectly once, re use them and it won't have the same shape and stregnth (not an issue on 90% of the cars out there, but good thing to do anyways).