Adjusting wide and

black magic

Black Magic
I just installed an AEM wide band setup in my car I was wondering what my air fuel ratio should be, any help will be greatly appreciated

I just installed an AEM wide and setup in my car I was wondering what my airfield ratio should be, any help will be greatly appreciated
I assume you mean air-fuel-ratio.
The answer is . . . it depends. :p
Depends on your set-up, the fuel(s) used, and intended performance.

Easiest, simplest and safest way . . . . get Powerlogger with a WB controlled chip for your set-up, install, and leave it where it was set from the chip manufacturer.

^ i agree with jerryl.

Glad to see you installed a WB, now its time for a WB chip from eric and a powerlogger to take full advantage of the WB chip. Are you running just pump gas? pump and alky? let us know so we can help

I'm running pump gas I have a maf translator gen 2 and I already have a extender chip from full throttle

Awesome cgaston, but how do I adjust the ratio? Also do you know how to hook up the plug and play option for the gen 2??

i would start at 10.8 and lean it out from there. As far as how to adjust the a/f. i havent used a extender chip in forever so you will have to look in the directions or go to the fullthrottle tech forum

Awesome cgaston, but how do I adjust the ratio? Also do you know how to hook up the plug and play option for the gen 2??

First, is your wide band connected to the PL or tied into your ECM and GEN II? If tied into your ECM then you can use wide band correction. If it is just connected to the PL, then you can just monitor A/F ratio.

The Gen II has 4 places to adjust the fuel. The is the Main Scale.... This adjust the fuel overall. Then there is the Low, Mid, High RPM adjustment. The Low is for idle to town cruise (about 35 mph). You can adjust this scale all the way to 6000 rpM. Then there is the Mid. This his your kicking down the throttle but not all the way. This is also adjusted up to 6000 ish rpm. The there is High... Same thing for adjustment, but is used to control the WOT Fuel. Since you have a Gen II and Extender Extreme G chip... You need to turn on A/F correction so that the GEN II helps adjust your WOT fuel. There are a few other settings within the GEN II, but I am not exactly how to adjust them or tune with them yet. I am still playing around with it.

Now if your WB reads, 14.5 or higher.... Then you need to add more fuel through your GEN II to get your reading down to 13.5. I am running E85 so I had to add fuel to both the main scale and low rpm to get my idle adjusted. As Bob stated in his instructions for the GEN II and his chip.... If your car wants more fuel then add it. But is your running stock injectors, then you my max there duty cycle out. I do have a set of 55# that I recently took out of my car when I converted over to E85 a month ago.

I hope this helps!

Thank you I'm going to try increasing web I get, do the higher the number on the gauge the leaner it is??