Adjustable Wastegate Boost Question

foregn2

I have a adjustable wastegate with the metal piece in middle and 2 bolts on each end that sits in the middle of the wastegate arm. How do you turn the boost up? I've tried turning the screws etc with no increase in boost.

Also when i go WOT from roll bost jumps to about 8-10 lbs then to 15-16 lbs
What is the cause and whats the fix or is it normal turbo lag?

If I understand you

correctly, you have the end (that is attached to the w/gate,)threaded on to the metal peice in the middle w/a jamb nut on it, and the middle peice is threaded to the shaft from the actuater, again w/a jamb nut. What you are looking to do is shorten the length of the rod itself. loosen the 1st jamb nut, closest to the w/g, remove the arm from the w/g and try not to lose the clip that holds it on. turn that part of the shaft in, tighten the jambnut and re-attach to the w/g. Install the retaining clip. 1/8th of an inch, I beleive is good for 14-16#of boost.
Hope this helps! :biggrin:

SHADOWII said:
correctly, you have the end (that is attached to the w/gate,)threaded on to the metal peice in the middle w/a jamb nut on it, and the middle peice is threaded to the shaft from the actuater, again w/a jamb nut. What you are looking to do is shorten the length of the rod itself. loosen the 1st jamb nut, closest to the w/g, remove the arm from the w/g and try not to lose the clip that holds it on. turn that part of the shaft in, tighten the jambnut and re-attach to the w/g. Install the retaining clip. 1/8th of an inch, I beleive is good for 14-16#of boost.
Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Thanks will give a try tonight