Adj. Fuel Press. Reg. Question...Help.

John84GN

Nice Monte...
I bought one at the Nats from Precision, and it didn't come w/ a box, or ANY directions. Now aside from the obvious, how do I set it, or know what it's set at now to make sure the car runs properly....for example:

1. How do I know what the new regulator is set at now (meaning I don't want to hook it up and find out that it's set at something like 10 psi...)
2. What should it be set at originally, and ... how?
3. If I'm getting knock now w/ the stock regulator, how much more FP should I run to compensate for the mods I have listed?
4. Which way do I turn the allen screw (clockwise for more FP, or counterclockwise for more FP?!?

Please be as specific as you can in answering ALL these questions...!

thanks SO much - John

1. As long as you have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up just see what the reading is when you prime the pump. That should be your static reading (vac. line off) or at least pretty close.
2. Depends on your setup (injectors, etc.) but stock pressure with stock regulator is around 35 I believe (can't remember because it's been a long time since I had the stocker on there). I have my Walboro 340 pump with 50 pound MSD injectors and a PT&E chip and I've got my pressure set at around 45 psi static.
3. If you get knock with the stocker (probably 35 psi or whatever) I'd say to set the adj. reg. for 45 and see how that does and go up or down from there as needed.
4. Clockwise for more FP, counterclockwise for less FP.
Good luck with it and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

1. Install it then turn the key on engine off and check your fuel pressure guage provided you have one. Will not hurt nothing with the engine not running. Get it up to around 40#'s then crank it up and adjust while running with vaccum hose off.
2. I think stock f/p setting is 38-39#'s don't quote me on that. How? number 4's answer will answer how.
3. Start at 42#'s and work up from there until YOU are satisfied with the end results. I don't know your mods or chip burner. Your chip burner should be able to point you in the right direction with base setting.
4. Clockwise for more f/p and counter clockwise for less f/p. Be sure to tighten the set nut when done to keep the allen screw from backing out by accident.
HTH's;)