Adios Bandito

Heskahoka

Supporting Member
It has been too hot here to drive the GN during the day, so I took her out last night. The weather was perfect: clear night in the 80s with the windows down and the T-tops off. I had just gassed up and was cruising and enjoying a little Bob Marley through the speakers. Not a lot of traffic and I was rolling past a guy on his modified Harley Sportster. He had loud straight pipes and made sure everyone heard them, staying in the rev range so he could make the most noise. Not really pleasant for me in the open air.
He was wearing a ‘bandito’ bandana around his nose and mouth, sunglasses on at night, and just looking the part.

As I was passing him on the left, he sped up to keep his front wheel with mine. I slowed a little to about 35 and he did the same thing with those pipes popping in my ear. For about 15 seconds he was just matching my speed the whole way, making it clear that he wanted to test the GN.

Well, my WWMCD instinct kicked in and I mashed the right pedal.

It wasn’t even close. I heard him pushing it, but he fell behind by about 4 car lengths in a matter of seconds with my motor just finding its power band and the alky light going green. I then heard him go pretty much silent, giving up the chase.

I slowed and let him catch up. He passed me and I was expecting a ricer flyby. Instead he pulled down the bandito scarf, turned and flashed me a grin and a thumbs up.

I gave the the peace sign, another defeat taken well.