Added Cone Air Filter: What To Do With MAF?

motorhead

motorhead mike
Since the stock air box is outta the picture... where do I place the MAF?

I have seen them zip tied to the upper rad hose... but that just seems silly.

Any pointers? Pics?

Thanks,

My maf just floats in space between the K&N and the chrome maf pipe. I didn't want to tie it down to anything that would make it bounce even more. This way the K&N and the maf pipe take the abuse and the MAF is isolated by the rubber hoses.

Okay. Cool.

BUT! I don't have a hard MAF pipe yet... it is coming with my KMDP... so I am stuck using the stock flex pipe for the time being.

Is this okay too?

Do you mean the MAF or the MAT?

The temp sensor can either be tied somewhere underhood or drilled and placed in the end of the filter.

just so that you are are not confusing yourself, the MAF is the MASS AIR FLOW sensor, it is a cylindrical black plastic piece that goes between the airfilter and the dryer duct type tube that goes to the intake of the turbo. the MAT, MASS AIR TEMPERATURE sensor is a small metal peice that used to insert into the old air box...it can be put anywhere, unless under hood temps go below -40 or above something like 250....(not sure of the actual values) the computer doesnt really care....correct me if i am wrong...

dan

Originally posted by PRSRIZD_V6
Do you mean the MAF or the MAT?

The temp sensor can either be tied somewhere underhood or drilled and placed in the end of the filter.

I have already dealt with the MAT.

I am talking MAF.

Between the filter and turbo....

Like it was said above if you have a solid MAF pipeyou don't need to tie it down. If you are using stock hose you'll need a bracket. I may have one lying around if you need it.

Tyler - the MAT is the air temp coorection for the MAF, it DOES effect air/fuel, but if it's close to an open element setup like most of us run it's accurate enough. Incidentally mine is in the up-pipe, but my program is detailed accordingly.

Originally posted by PRSRIZD_V6
Between the filter and turbo....

Like it was said above if you have a solid MAF pipeyou don't need to tie it down. If you are using stock hose you'll need a bracket. I may have one lying around if you need it.

Thanks for the offer... but I have all of the stock parts still... I'll work from those.

Thanks again,