Achcroft closing forever

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
For those of you that race Ashcroft Oct 8 & 9 will be the last race EVER. The Indian ban is closing the track. :frown: :frown: :frown: The racers are hoping for a big turn out to try to save the track...

Check out the forums at http://www.eaglemotorplex.com/

Sep 27 2005

The Nl'akapxm Eagle Motorplex will close after this season, Ashcroft Indian Band Chief Greg Blain told The Journal last Friday.

The decision was made by the Band council, said Blain, as a reaction to Cache Creek's opposition to the Band's Northern Development Initiative (NDI) proposal at an NDI meeting last Wednesday.

As well, Blain said the track is $800,000 in debt, accumulated over its 18 years of operation, and is in need of $65,000 of concrete work in order to be operational next year.

"We've kept it open to be good neighbours for the most part," said Blain, explaining that the track mostly benefits Cache Creek businesses.

However, said Blain, "I'm having a hard time supporting a community that doesn't support us."

Unbelievable..... :frown: I haven't been racing there as many years as alot of the guys, but it was always a fun time.

Still don't know if I'm going at this point..... work and weather are not co-operating too much this week. :mad:

Anyone going?

There is a weather link in the track link I posted above... It looks like it might be OK and the cool air should make for some quick times.

At this point I'm planning on going only because it looks like the last hurrah... :frown: I've raced there for 10 years and will miss being able to get out of town for a weekend of racing :frown: I think I would regret it too much if I didn't go and the weather held...

Not gonna make it... :frown: Too many things going on a work. :mad: :rolleyes:

Have fun Rob. Hopefully they reconsider.