Accufab TB/Plenium gains?

mikesvwservice

Still on my quest for chrome TB/doghouse and see Accufab has a highly polished TB/doghouse in 65mm and 70mm sizes. Most of my stuff is bolt-ons (see sig) and to use this $430 - $469 setup, I think I would have to buy another power plate (or can I re-use the one I have?) and larger downpipe (or hose increaser coupling)

I'm thinking 65mm now, but wanted to see if anyone got a nice performance increase by just adding an Accufab to their setup?

OTOH - I could buy the stock chrome TB/doghouse from SE Turbo for $285 + unknown core charges and be done with it.

Down the road, maybe I'll do some Champion irons or just rebuilt port and polished stockers - again not looking to do a race motor - yet :D . Recently bought a LT1 MAF and soon to buy a plain Translator - wanted to state that if those factor in the Accufab decision...

Any input? Thanks.

You will not see any power gains untill you are approaching the 9s.
I had good luck with the stock t-body right into the 10s@134mph, same with stock unported manifolds.
You will however notice a half throttle harder pull, but full throttle there is no difference.
If you are looking for a gain get yourself a Hemco upper plenum and if your itching for change get your stocker modded to 62mm.

Cheeseburger said:
You will not see any power gains untill you are approaching the 9s.
I had good luck with the stock t-body right into the 10s@134mph, same with stock unported manifolds.
You will however notice a half throttle harder pull, but full throttle there is no difference.
If you are looking for a gain get yourself a Hemco upper plenum and if your itching for change get your stocker modded to 62mm.

Thanks Cheeseburger. I think my post is confusing now I've re-read it. Basically, I'm "chroming" my engine parts and am trying to compare whether to buy stock, chromed TB/doghouse or pop for a polished Accufab setup and get some "performance gains" out of it???

Chrome is nice and all but it retains heat, which is not good for a performance application imo.
Might want to check with some other members that have chromed there engine componants to get there opinion on how hot things get.

mikesvwservice said:
Thanks Cheeseburger. I think my post is confusing now I've re-read it. Basically, I'm "chroming" my engine parts and am trying to compare whether to buy stock, chromed TB/doghouse or pop for a polished Accufab setup and get some "performance gains" out of it???

I thought the same like you. Go with the 70mm but get a already polished PTE plenum. I chromed the 70mm TB and plemun.

Power gains? I would say you won't lose any power but I did my best ever times with the TB/plemun combo with the RJC powerplate but with other mods also.

The last time I check the PTE plemun was out of stock and was suppose to be hard to get. Check out the buick vendors that usually stocks them, I got the best deal through Jason at RJC.

TURBOV6 said:
I thought the same like you. Go with the 70mm but get a already polished PTE plenum. I chromed the 70mm TB and plemun.

Power gains? I would say you won't lose any power but I did my best ever times with the TB/plemun combo with the RJC powerplate but with other mods also.

The last time I check the PTE plemun was out of stock and was suppose to be hard to get. Check out the buick vendors that usually stocks them, I got the best deal through Jason at RJC.

Waste of money at that performance level, but if you have money to burn........

Cheeseburger said:
Waste of money at that performance level, but if you have money to burn........

Oh of course it is a waste of money you can spend money one something you will see some positive gains.....?